Announcement New Owner. 550 #61

Discussion in 'Announcements & Build Journals' started by pedalpaddlehike, Jun 11, 2015.

1. The wife and I just picked up #61. We are very excited. So far after digging in a bit I think we need to replace the battery and the vent fan sounds like it has a bearing going out so we will replace it as well. I downloaded the owners manual and read through it a couple times. Is there a service manual available?
    The fan in my '04 model doesn't appear to be the same as the current fantastic fan model.
    I haven't had the opportunity to spend a lot of time with the camper yet. I also need to learn about the sink and emptying the grey water. Mine doesn't have the hookups on the port side for city water or propane like the newer models. My shore line connects under the bumper near the stabilizer Jack.

Looking forward to camping and meeting other teardroppers. Hoping to make a few rendezvous this fall. I am sure you will see me on here with many questions.

Thanks! Clint

2. Also, anybody here in the KC area?

3. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Welcome to the forum Clint and wife. Congrats on getting a real classic CampInn, you'll love it.
    Cary and/or Betsey, here on the forum, would be your best resources for replacement/repair parts etc., as they are the folks from the CampInn factory in Wisconsin.
    There are a few good threads about flushing/sanitizing your water system, which I'm sure you'll want to do before use. I'll see if I can find one and post it here if I do.
    Good luck and have fun camping!

EDIT:
    I didn't find those threads on our forum, but here's a couple links to other sites recommended fresh water sanitizing methods;
    How to sanitize your RV fresh water...

A youtube link;
    How to sanitize RV water system...

FYI: 1/4 cup of bleach for every 15 gallons of water, so in an 8 gallon water tank you'd need about 1/8 cup of bleach.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  4. Rick  Sarah

Rick Sarah Novice

Hi Clint M,
    Welcome to the Camp Inn family and forum. If you find time to read through the old posts you will learn so much and if you ever in the Necedah, WI area you all should take a tour and see how CIs are made.
    Have a wonderful time camping in you CI.

5. Thank you both.

6. rgupnorth

rgupnorth Junior Ranger Donating Member

Should check with the factory on the fan - opening probably is the same size as the current fan model - might be able to upgrade.

Enjoy your CI.

Bob

7. birder526

birder526 Novice

Hi and congrats to you both on your new teardrop! Wishing you many adventures ahead! Hope you can make it to the Camp-inn/camp-outt in Sept. Details are on the website for CI. We hope to be there. It would be a good time for you to tour the factory too. Have fun!

8. Thanks for the warm welcomes! I am getting things sorted quickly and have dove into this forum head first.
    The vent fan was figured out pretty quickly. The bearings were fine. I disassembled it and removed a mud dauber nest and gave it a thorough cleaning. Works like a champ.

I have cleaned and lubed all of the moving parts. I am building a door insert in the cabinet shop for a window A/C to get us by this summer until I can pick up a pet cool.

Next on the list is a good thorough polish of the exterior and the wheels go off to powdercoat tomorrow. The wheels will be red and I will eventually get replacement center caps in chrome. Looking for some whitewalls to complete the look.

The wife is busy sewing up new curtains and comforter with a vintage camper pattern she found. We spent a day at IKEA and Bed Bath Beyond setting up our galley.
    We picked up a cheap microwave, small crock pot, all utensils and flatware and I mounted a bottle opener in the galley, (that was priority, I love sampling craft brews from around the country.)

A friend is a vinyl guy. He is making us a custom liscense plate that has the CI logo and a big #0061. Kansas does not require a plate on it.

Look forward to meeting you all. Stop by our site for a S'More or an IPA.

9. Mark & Casandra

Mark & Casandra Junior Ranger

Welcome! Whew! You've been busy diving right in! I'm sure your 550 will love you & treat you right after all the TLC you two are putting into it! Enjoy and please share your adventures with us....and LOTS of pictures! I would love to see photos of all your updates/modifications....esp the AC & door insert....sounds really interesting.

Casandra

10. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

Clint,

Congrats on being the new owner of #61!

For info on sanitizing the sink, go to the upper left corner of the forum and click on "Camp-Inn Owner's Manual." This is a current version of the Owner's Manual, so will contain more info (and options) than the one that would have come with your trailer. Pages 11-15 address the sink/water system. Pages 14-15 specifically talk about sanitizing the system.

If you haven't already, make sure to contact Cary and let him know you are the new owner so we can update our records. He can also get you set up with brochures with a code specific to you.

Have fun outfitting your teardrop and we would love to have you join us for the Camp-Inn Camp-Outt (CICO) this fall.

:cool:

11. birder526

birder526 Novice

Sounds like you're already having fun with your new teardrop! Keep us updated on all you're doing! Happy trails!

12. pbaker2225

pbaker2225 Junior Ranger Donating Member

Congrats. I'm sure you are having a lot of fun making it yours. I love picking up something used and bringing it to life as my own.

13. We are new owners 2018, #943! About the microwave, did it work out? Did you use it? Are you still using it now a few years later?

14. mariusz

mariusz Junior Ranger

Congrats, there is a lot useful info here, just get xlarge coffee, some cookies or other sweets, and start exploring here :D, and welcome to the forum