New Member Lancaster, Pa

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by John and Beth, Jul 30, 2023.

1. John and Beth

John and Beth Newbie

Hi,
    Beth and I just joined the forum and would like to solicit some help if possible. We are in the market for
    a used (maybe new) camp inn trailer based on what we have read and seen online but have never seen one in person. I know that because we are looking for a used trailer any owner who would be willing to show theirs to us would not get any credit for doing so but we are hoping that there might be someone within a few hours of us who would like to show theirs off. Any model would be OK, we just want to see one before we get too deep into our search.
    Hope to hear from someone and thanks in advance for any response,
    John Caldwell

2. dougbee

dougbee Novice

A lot of owners will show off their camp-inn. I returned home yesterday from picking up my new 550 last Wednesday. I'm in central New York so you will likely find someone closer to you. If no one answers here, you can call Cary to see if if knows someone in your area. Good luck!

Kevin S likes this.
  3. John and Beth

John and Beth Newbie

Thanks so much for your response. We would be happy to drive your way if no one closer responds. I have a cousin near Geneva we could visit. Where are you located? The 550 is the camper we would be interested in too. What model did you get and how long did production take? I did communicate with Cary and he’s the one who lead me to the forum.

4. dougbee

dougbee Novice

I got the 550 Ultra and most of the options. AC and heater. Mine was one of the first few that has the lithium battery. It took 13 months. The last few months once its in the queue being built you get updated pictures on Thursdays. A nice thing that they take the time to do. Then they give you a CD with the images and manual as a PDF. Really worth the orientation you get when you pick your model up, but I think they would ship it.

I'm in the Utica area, about 40 miles East of Syracuse.

5. SethB

SethB Ranger

Welcome to the forum! I’d be glad to show, but a bit of a drive to the Portland, Oregon area!

Just a note on the models.

We owned a 550 for several years, and now a 560. They are nearly identical, except:
    Two feet of space forward of the bed that can be couch, bench, bunkbeds for kids, or storage.
    If other than bench it does make access to the forward cabinet storage just a little more finicky. We tend to keep it in bench other than the rare times we want the couch.

That two feet seems like a small thing, but really does add to the cubic feet of the cabin space in a meaningful way; the 560 seems maybe a third to a half again as big as the 550. Which makes sense, the math says volume increases with the cube of the increase in length.

Other than that two feet I don’t find any significant differences between the two models we’ve owned.

6. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Hi John & Beth! Welcome to the fun :)

The easiest thing to do is to call the factory -- You'll find that they are amazing and are very friendly (Even for Wisconsin folks :D ) They have a database of people who own them and will help set up a tour with a local owner. That is how we saw our first CampInn.

I wouldn't worry bout 'credit'. The reward is a token amount...Its not like I'm going to give you bad information for the 'credit.' I think any of us would be completely honest about our campinn experience regardless. We love 'em. Mine is my pride and joy. The list of defects and 'bad ideas' is remarkably small.

If you can't find someone locally, I'd be happy to see about setting up virtual tour using some "net meeting" application. But I'll warn you. I'm a cheerleader for 'em.

I've got a 560 ultra which is pretty much loaded up except for some electronics options and things that could easily be bolted on later.

If you're already 'travelers' look into the CampInn Camp Outt that is coming up in September...its a gathering of teardrop enthusiasts (mostly Campinn, but not exclusively) with the advantage you can see the factory...I mean the artists' workshop. These are not assembly line creations...they are crafted.

I'll tell you in advance....its the best camper I've owned --- to the point I have owned 2 of them. I've also owned a sero scotty, a grand design bunkhouse, and a Fleetwood founder. After the founder, I had to get back to small , and few even come close in terms of quality of materials and construction.

As Seth said -- the 550 and 560 are very similar the difference is really only in the front 24 inches or so...and that is a completely personal choice....

Last edited: Jul 30, 2023
  7. John and Beth

John and Beth Newbie

Than
    Thanks for the info. We are looking at the 550 mostly for the weight factor. I have a 2020 Subaru Forester that’s rated at 1,500 lbs. towing capacity so I think the 560 would push or probably exceed that limit and I’m not willing to buy a different vehicle jus

8. John and Beth

John and Beth Newbie

I sent you a private message because I couldn’t figure out how to respond on the thread. I’m sure it’s easy but I might have done something out of order. I’ll figure it out eventually. Tech mostly befuddles me

9. Steve Sanford

Steve Sanford Novice

We have a 560 and will be driving I 81 north on Aug 9. If you want to meet up along I 81 let me know. We will be on our way home in NEPA so we can stop somewhere along 81. We saw our camp inn the first time in a Lowes parking lot. We are camping in northern VA Aug 8 and it is the our last night of our trip so we can time our trip to meet at a time convenient for you.

10. Vince G

Vince G Novice

I live in Pa outside of Harrisburg off 322. Could show you near Port Royal.

11. John and Beth

John and Beth Newbie

12. John and Beth

John and Beth Newbie

Thank you very much for the kind offer. We may take you up on it.

13. John and Beth

John and Beth Newbie

Thank you for your kind offer. We will probably take you up on it. Let’s be in touch later this week and we can see where things stand.