New awning option for Camp-Inn

Discussion in 'Official Camp-Inn Area' started by Cary Winch, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Cary Winch

Cary Winch Camp-Inn Staff

New option for Camp-Inn! BunduAwn 360 degree awning.

This is the ultimate batwing type of awning. Because of it's peaked roof shape the BunduAwn has room for the galley hatch to open up under it, which other batwing awnings do not. The BunduAwn does not use poles and has self stowing guy lines built in that drop down to tie it down in windy conditions with it's included ground anchors.

The BunduAwn is available on the 560 Raindrop models equipped with either the Aero or HD roof rack options. It may be mounted on either street side or curb side. Works great with roof top tents.

BunduAwns are made in South Africa for serious expedition use.

Check out the BunduAwn 360 on our options page:
    https://www.tinycamper.com/options.htm#

Attached Files:

Kelly, AdamFWTX, SethB and 5 others like this.
  2. Randy

Randy Ranger Donating Member

Curious if it could be mounted parallel on the back rack so that most of the coverage is behind the galley?

3. dustinp

dustinp Ranger Donating Member

Yes, that's a cool idea. Mount it on the curb side, with a swivel mount at the galley end and a removable/slideable mount on the front end, so that when parked, you could swing the side that now faces the driver side in Cary's diagram, so it would now face the galley instead, and the open space over the passenger side in Cary's diagram would then be over the front of the TD instead of the curb side, so both of the side doors would have coverage (curb side more so, drivers side less) and the galley would have what looks like as much coverage as it originally did in Cary's diagram. Good idea Randy! At least it would be a nice option to have, and doesn't seem like too difficult of a modification to make.

Randy likes this.
  4. Cary Winch

It's 8' long, so it could not be turned sideways like that. Believe me, we thought about that a bunch too.

Cary

5. dustinp

dustinp Ranger Donating Member

....should have known. You guys are too on top of things to let something like that get past you without a thorough investigation of the possibility. Sure would have been nice though ;-)

6. John & Jodi

John & Jodi Novice

This is all fun and games until you're flung into the next state when a thunderstorm rolls through!!

Seriously, if our trailer doesn't have the roof rack installed, is it possible to get it installed now? Also, how high is the top of the awning from the ground while in a stowed position? It has to fit through our garage door.

7. Cary Winch

Roof racks. These can be installed at any time on our campers. It does require a visit to the factory for install.

Height stowed. This will depend on which ride height option your camper has. With the taller SUV off road option it will be about 79-80" stowed. So, yes these do fit through the average 7' garage door when stowed.

Cary

Andrew Cushingham likes this.
  8. rmbrowder

rmbrowder Junior Ranger

I just had this awning installed and it is a really great addition. Craig and Cary (and their employees) made sure that it fit and adjusted it to fit my standard garage door yet accommodate my height. Craig walked me through the deployment and stowage twice and offered more practice if I wanted it. Deployment is less than a minute and I’m now at less than 5 minutes to stow, by myself. We used it on the way home and had an RV’r stop by and comment that he had seen a number of teardrops try a canopy but this was the first one he had seen that actually looked good. This setup allowed me to rearrange how I carry gear since I don’t need the Alcove (generator to the rear as needed, trailer tongue box removed, bike carrier added). The side tent still fits the opposite side.

Attached Files:

M&L, dirty6 and Andrew Cushingham like this.
  9. dirty6

dirty6 Ranger

I really dig this thing! It seems like it would solve a lot of riddles for us. How is the coverage over the galley when the galley hatch is open?

We use our 560 with a roof top tent on top. Unfortunately, the tent opens up to the starboard side of the camper and nearly doubles it’s width in a campsite. I don’t think we could deploy this canopy from the port side and double the width again. I’d end up with a 20 foot wide camper!

Maybe one day when the kiddos are graduated and we are done with the need for the roof top tent. Actually, we will have to do something then, because we use the awning-cover of the tent for plenty of uses already.

10. This is fantastic! We can't wait for the border to re-open so we can get to the nest and have a rack and awning installed!

11. rmbrowder

rmbrowder Junior Ranger

There is a additional(optional) triangle panel that attaches with velcro to “square” the back over the galley.

12. dirty6

dirty6 Ranger

That’s helpful to know, thanks

13. here is a photo of the corner extension on a recent trip where we encountered light rain.

Attached Files:

14. dirty6

dirty6 Ranger

That looks great! How wide would you say your whole footprint is with the tent and the awning deployed?

15. The awning extends 8’ out from the side of the camper. The tent is maybe 5’ the other direction. We find that we don’t deploy the awning if parked in a shady spot (which are plentiful in TN) unless expecting some light rain.