Moving To Wisconsin

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tour 931, Jan 21, 2022.

1. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

Apparently the seasonal Wisconsin Ice Age isn’t over. This was my Class A this morning. I lived in it for three months while I was searching for a new home. It has everything and I really didn’t like it. My raindrop and Subaru are still in Washington. I plan to return to get them the end of April and then sell the Class A.

[​IMG]

Kevin likes this.
  2. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

That just makes me want to move to Florida :) But land prices right now are through the roof!

Here in Indiana we've got probably 1 more snow event coming, it seems to be an annual event that corespond with March Madness. I've lived in central Indiana for going on 25 years -- and it seems every year we get a surprise ice or snow event. Sunday a trace of snow is expected....I hope thats it....

Fireplaces are nice, but they are not a replacement for a slightly smokey camp fire -- I love the smell in a campground on a cool night....

Kevin likes this.
  3. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

Exactly. I could respond with some political post or just see the humor in what you were saying. I prefer the humor.

Kevin likes this.
  4. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

What you have a problem with people who take things seriously!

OK --- I'll let it die here....I'm done with this part of the conversation....

who'm I kiddin' --- my boss tells me all the time I talk too much :D

Kevin and Tour 931 like this.
  5. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

I built a campground in my last backyard. It had a fire pit and a covered outdoor kitchen. My old Little Guy teardrop which was no longer road worthy was parked alongside the house. I couldn’t go camping as much as I would like to so I made my own campground.
    4C2AD06F-29E1-4DA7-A400-44860B4E7650 by Tour 931 posted Mar 23, 2022 at 1:09 PM
    7D578975-E0D3-431B-8923-07C3EF06F934 by Tour 931 posted Mar 23, 2022 at 1:21 PM
    09FF9AE5-8391-4C3B-87A5-14099D0C46BD by Tour 931 posted Mar 23, 2022 at 1:29 PM
    7B7AEBF2-00CE-4B34-8380-00FB20124552 by Tour 931 posted Mar 23, 2022 at 1:30 PM
    241E35D9-27A0-42F1-82B9-1DA1D8ACAA90 by Tour 931 posted Mar 23, 2022 at 1:21 PM

M&L, SethB and Kevin like this.
  6. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Thats amazing! Pictures are so vivid they look fake :D A place to just come home from work, and step into a fantasy land....

That what I want --- preferably on about 10 acres (room for garden and my bee's -- lots of bee's) Frankly, 4 would be good as long as the trees were thick enough. Not that I would, but I want to jump buck naked out of the camper into the hot tub not worrying about frightening the neighbors.

Thanks for sharing those pictures....they inspire me, or make me jealous. Is there a difference?

Did you bring that little guy to one of the Crossroads? It looks familiar --- maybe just from this forum....I dunno....

Tour 931 and Kevin like this.
  7. Kevin

Kevin Ranger

The wx is fine.
    Its over 30, so we skandyhoovians are breaking out the shorts and t-shirts.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2022
    dustinp, Tour 931 and Sweeney like this.
  8. SethB

SethB Ranger

I just came across this iceboating clip in a drone forum:
    First Sail on Delavan 22

Spectacular!

Sweeney, Kevin and dustinp like this.
  9. Wow, that looks like quite the icy situation! I hope you were able to stay warm and cozy in your Class A despite the freezing temperatures. Moving can be such a challenge, especially when you have multiple vehicles to transport. If you need any help with your upcoming move, you should check out threemovers.com - they offer great resources for finding reliable moving companies. Good luck with everything!

Last edited: Apr 2, 2023
  10. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

Thanks. I’m back to my old self decorating with junk here in Wisconsin. Only problem is it’s under four feet of snow and ice.

dustinp and Kevin like this.