Morning Cup Of Coffee And Weather

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Tour 931, Apr 4, 2022.

1. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Safe travels...I love visiting the necedah area. My only wish would be that the Little Crane was still there. We loved that place. I hear BOHICA is pretty good :)

When you'r there, ask Cary about the roadside marker, he has the story down better than I do --- but the movie Jeremiah Johnson has a direct line, not to Colorado but to Necedah. Some of the stories events happened just a few minutes drive from Necedah. If you didn't know where, you'd drive right past the marker....

Kevin and dougbee like this.
  2. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Wohoo! I get to update my signature! I got 2 more nights in, last night and tonight. Probably another night or two this week --- I have to go up north. I'm not sure if I'll brave 22 degrees or not, I may get a hotel room instead. Nah :)

Coffee this weekend is Meijer "Michigan Cherry" --- a flavored coffee. Something I normally don't touch. But this is pretty good, and worthy of a taste :D

I may pick up a couple of Swisher ‎Sweets for tonight's campfire since I didn't bring my pipe with me. The cigarellos are an acceptable alternative, assuming the wind dies down enough I can light a fire. 15mph with gusts is a little dangerous, though the pellets don't throw sparks at all.

Feels GOOD to get outside.

Kevin likes this.
  3. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

I made it to the mothership.
    7D42C171-1C5F-4705-BD1A-3C4FD2A81418 by Tour 931 posted Mar 17, 2024 at 1:42 PM

The CI really got dirty.
    340D6030-0A4B-4B94-A22E-26A5BA2AB6A7 by Tour 931 posted Mar 17, 2024 at 1:36 PM

4. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Ewww....I'm more than ready for 80's and sunshine.

Kevin likes this.
  5. Cary Winch

Cary Winch Camp-Inn Staff

Got to hang out with Tour931 for a bit today. It was good catching up with him.

Cary

Sweeney, Chuckwagon and Kevin like this.
  6. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

And I got to tour the mothership with Cary again.
    E323E6FC-F4B0-4D90-BDCB-F99E5174A407 by Tour 931 posted Mar 18, 2024 at 5:07 PM

And I got to see my pin in the map.
    1473FF23-6962-4745-8A9F-AC291B0EE7C5 by Tour 931 posted Mar 18, 2024 at 5:07 PM

It was also good to have a few other things adjusted like the door locks and having the axle re-crowned. Not to mention getting a new bat-tree and the new electrics that goes with a lithium battery.

Kevin, dustinp and Van_and_Terri like this.
  7. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

I think its interesting how many trailers are in a specific area --- even around me there are several. But I've only ever seen 1 "in the wild" at a campsite I was staying, and only once ever on the road -- except when near the CICO of course :)

Kevin likes this.
  8. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

Here’s the full map. They are bunched together.
    F7F8C87D-EA2F-45DF-B6F3-874ECA31345D by Tour 931 posted Mar 19, 2024 at 5:25 AM

Kevin and Van_and_Terri like this.
  9. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Impressive. Most impressive. :)

Kevin and Tour 931 like this.
  10. Van_and_Terri

Van_and_Terri Ranger

Unless my eyes are fooling me, it appears every state is represented except for Wyoming and Hawaii.

Kevin likes this.
  11. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

I think you are right.

Kevin likes this.
  12. Kevin

Kevin Ranger

dustinp likes this.
  13. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

It’s 9F and snowing after a winter of above annual temperatures. Now that it’s spring the winter finally decided to show its face.

I put the CI back into its winter spot in the garage yesterday.

dustinp likes this.
  14. dustinp

dustinp Ranger Donating Member

I hope it got a good bath first! ;)

15. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

I washed it before I left Necedah.

dustinp and Kevin like this.
  16. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Been a busy couple of weeks... haven't forgotten about y'all. Its been a BUSY week.

Oy!!!!

Kevin and Tour 931 like this.
  17. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

I got another night in last night --- I went down to Brown County State Park (my go-to)! for a simple one-night trip. I basically watched a movie, and worked on some SBA documents. The park only had 1 shower house open, the rest will be opening this weekend.

The 65-year-old infrastructure leaves the director panicking that pipes will break. I say they needed to be replaced anyway, and knowing government breaking is often the only way things get done. The state doesn't hesitate to raise admission fees -- with 400+ sites that are busy all year, there's no excuse in my book. Not even official camping season, the loop I was in was 80% full on a Monday night.

Next week may be better since everyone is congregating around the showers.

I had 2 kids ride their bikes "hot and fast" through the campsite --- refreshingly, Grandpa or Dad barked in a tone reminiscent of a Drill Instructor, "What do you think YOU are doing!" I immediately reconsidered all of my mistakes in life and accepted the apologies. I snapped him a polite hat-tip -- I wish more parents would do that, good lessons learned early stop big lessons being needed later.

Heading out again tomorrow for a couple nights this time to visit some good friends I haven't seen in far too long.

18. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

I finally got out of my driveway after being snowbound for three days.

Kevin likes this.
  19. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

I heard you guys got a little kiss from Snow Miser. I feel for ya. I grew up in Northern Indiana, which is similar to Buffalo, New York, though not quite as bad. I don't think there is much worse than the late march snow events....

20. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

It’s snowing and 14F as I sip my Folgers. I have to venture out today and suspect the roads are going to be slick.