Morning Cup Of Coffee And Weather

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Tour 931, Apr 4, 2022.

1. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

I stayed up to late and just now stumbled out of bed. 40F and overcast with rain expected all day. I should have gotten up earlier to work outside.
    I worked outside yesterday for several hours trimming back bushes and raking.

Kevin likes this.
  2. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

had hoped to be going camping tonight --- darn plans changed :( Hope things straighten out soon :(

My wife runs a no-kill animal shelter. One of her volunteers (they all are volunteers, including my wife) who was taking care of one of our foster cats got sick. No one to back-fill....so my wife has to stay home. No fun going alone.

While we're at it, Mother nature is off her meds again --- 80 tomorrow, near freezing mid week :\ Scheesh!

Kevin likes this.
  3. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

As an animal lover I would like to thank you both for volunteering.

campdude and Kevin like this.
  4. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

46F and I’m living in a rain cloud. I can’t see the nearby tree line. With the warmer temperatures I’m thinking of driving up to Phillips and looking at outdoor furniture.

My ride to Washington to pick up my Camp-Inn wasn’t feeling well and scheduled a doctor’s appointment so my trip is delayed.

5. dustinp

dustinp Ranger Donating Member

Considering winters reluctance to let go, it might not be a bad thing, and the heavy rains moving through your route of travel should help wash away more of the winters salt accumulation from the roads as well. :)

6. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

I was thinking the same thing.

7. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

53F currently with a high of 60 and sunny skies. This will be the warmest day since I’ve been here and I plan on working outside all day.

Kevin likes this.
  8. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

Just finished my last cup of joe and will need to go to the store for more. I live such an exciting life out here on the homestead.

9. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

I had a dusting of snow last night. 26F and high overcast. I miss global warming.

10. dustinp

I think I found just the thing for you to take on your upcoming road trip so you'll have something to help make your daily weather reports. You can just stake it outside your TD window at each campsite along your way back home.;)[​IMG]

Kevin and Tour 931 like this.
  11. campdude

campdude Ranger

Well, next week it will start warming up and you will get a Wisconsin spring. I hope you can get back out to WA and get your 560.

Tour 931 likes this.
  12. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

My friend just called and his doctor appointment went great and he had left Colorado from the appointment. He will be here sometime tomorrow and we will head back either Thursday or Friday. I can’t wait to get it in my Wisconsin driveway.

Sweeney likes this.
  13. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

I just spent the weekend 'out' in mine --- Saturday through yesterday. I had to go 'home' to help a family member with a health problem --- everything is at least back at baseline at the moment. They don't have any extra room, so its sofa-city, a hotel, or using the camper either at at a state park or moochdocking. Mostly dependent on sites being open at the park - the

The "Insult to injury" moment was after getting to the campground on Saturday last, it was either cold, rainy, windy, or occuplied by responsability. I left to come from at 5pm yesterday --- just as I backed the car up to hook up, the skies turned blue and the sun came out, and the wind subsided...LOL....

As of yesterday, I'm at 24 nights so far since we got ours in November....still not 1 good weekend. No problem there's next weekend, where we had a "guys" weekend planned....it is supposed to rain all weekend :\

I can't seem to catch a lucky break!!!! But...I got my columbian (Pot of Coffee! Not just pot :D ) and the sky is blue today...life is good.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2022
    Tour 931 likes this.
  14. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

24 nights in the rain in the Camp-Inn is better than 24 nights of rain at home for me.
    Just think when the sun comes how much fun it’s going to be.

15. Long Truong

Long Truong Junior Ranger

I have a Dads+Kids weekend planned for Mothers day (a mother's day present where I go camping? Sure!), so I'm counting on you to soak up all the bad weather for me Sweeny.

dustinp likes this.
  16. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Weather is just part of the experience - but that doesn't necessarily make it fun :D

I really wish Pahaque would not have turned its back on general use tents and focused exclusivly on the small towables. I can't call what they sell teardrops, the Pahaque cottonwood was a simple dome that worked for many -- but especially well for teardrops (real ones) like CI. My cottonwood stood up to years of use...hard use with rain, wind, and even some snow. Sidewalls blocked wind and misty rain, but alas...no more.

On a positive note, yesterday was sunny with blue skies --- got my grass cut,

Kevin likes this.
  17. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

T-minus 12 hours to blastoff to pick up my Subaru and Camp-Inn.

Kevin, dustinp and Warren Mary Ellen like this.
  18. We're heading Friday at lunch. This is sort of a work trip, but we'll be camping in a state park. I help put on a charity bicycle ride in the mountains of SC and Saturday is the ride. Long day for me, she'll be hanging out at the camper. The park is closer to the ride than my house is why we do it this way.

Tour 931 likes this.
  19. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

20. dustinp

Safe travels!...and don't forget those weather reports!;)

Tour 931 likes this.