Morning Cup Of Coffee And Weather

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Tour 931, Apr 4, 2022.

1. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Moockdocking at my parents. Going home today. Here, where I am, it was perfect last night, except for my wife, and dogs being back home. I'll see them in a few hours.

Last night was in the 30/40s. My little 400 watt electric heater, my AC blower motor running, and the heated mattress pad on low, with a cracked roof vent...Slept like a baby.

If I could hit that combination perfect combination every night, I'd be giddy.

I have to admit, I'm getting despriate for good coffee -- the automatic drip stuff just doesn't cut it :) Need my french press or espresso machine...

Kevin and Tour 931 like this.
  2. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

Big change. :confused:

Kevin and campdude like this.
  3. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

I miss having my morning lattes at Mercury Coffee. It’s a tough life out here on the homestead.

Kevin likes this.
  4. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

Not if I compare a PNW January with a Wisconsin April!

After the inch of snow yesterday morning another two inches fell during the day and one more inch last night. I’m beginning to sound like a broken record. Do kids today even know what that means?

dustinp likes this.
  5. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

19F, Folgers and cherry pie. The day is promising to be sunny with a high in the 49’s. Hopefully some of the snow will melt so I can get out of my driveway. I haven’t had it plowed and am currently snowed in. Yesterday a neighbor picked me up at the bottom of the hill and took me shopping.

Two weeks and two days till I leave for Washington to pick up my Outback and raindrop.

Kevin likes this.
  6. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

34 blue skys, and Colombian beans, americano. Getting out today to look at senior housing for my parents.

gonna be a fun day….BUT looking forward to Palm Sunday Mass tomorrow!

campdude and Tour 931 like this.
  7. campdude

campdude Ranger

In western Wisconsin it's 42 and supposed to be 50ish and 55 tomorrow. I'm going to take the 550 off of the jacks and start to get it ready for my first outing. The weather shall be getting nicer the beginning of May

Tour 931 likes this.
  8. 50 cloudy & windy which will get stronger as the day goes by. Next weekend, I’m camping & the forecast looks nice.

Tour 931 likes this.
  9. JohnC

JohnC Ranger

I can drink just about anybody's coffee. I could rank them if I had a taste test, but otherwise, anything will do.

But, that all changed last year. I spent the nite at a Love's truck stop and decided to grab a cup of coffee before I took off in the AM. That coffee was the absolute best cup of coffee I've ever had. Stunningly amazing! All I know is it was a dark roast, the machine ground the beans while I waited, and Love's doesn't seem to sell their coffee by the bag. I would love (pun intended) to be able to buy those beans or even a bag already ground.

Tour 931 likes this.
  10. Had my usual 5 cups of coffee on what should be the last morning with temps in the 30s until late Oct/early Nov. Five more wake ups (or 25 cups of black coffee) & the 2022 camping season starts at Sadlers Creek State Park.

Tour 931 likes this.
  11. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

30F heading to 52F. Hopefully the snow will melt e enough today that I will be able to get my van out of my driveway.

Warren Mary Ellen likes this.
  12. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

It was snowing to hard to see the auroras.

Kevin likes this.
  13. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

Last nights low was 37F and the first time it didn’t freeze at night. I’m trying to get as many thinks done so I can head to Washington in two weeks to pick up my trailer. It’s like having to wait for it to be built!

K-cup brewing and water heating for oatmeal.

14. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Cool and stormy here. Coffee is my typical Columbian Medium Roast tall americano. The machine makes the difference...14bar through a compressed puck, with a wonderful crema ...hmmm. When exactly does the relationship between a human and a coffee maker become...unhealthy :D

I can't wait to actually get out on a recreational trip. Becuase of the issue below, most of our trips this year will be to northern parts of the state where my parents live. Probably a few other trips as well...but I am really looking forward to a getaway -- just to see/do something different than the same four walls I've been looking at for 2 years now.

I had to use my camper as a life-boat last week...my parents in in their 80s and are having health issues. They live in a modular home which has been converted from 3 bedroom to 1. They knocked down a wall and opened the doorway to add a craft room. Its works beuatifully for them, but doesn't allow for house-guests.

My 1-2 day trip which turned into 9, I was glad to have my little camper.

All is improving at this point.

15. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

When you start talking to you coffee making you might want to reconsider the relationship. When it starts to talk back you might need therapy. :)

16. M&L

M&L Ranger

Knowing how important this topic is, and in an effort to help those still seeking out their spiritual camp coffee happiness...of all the different ways we've tried for making our morning coffee, this has been the best by far:

Mueller French Press
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JGBK6XV

There are steps to doing it properly to maximize the flavor, such as putting a little bit of water in and swirling it before filling it the rest of the way. And the first cup pour seems slightly better than the second cup, even when done right after the other...I think it has something to do with the frothiness on top.

These make great coffee cups:

Stainless Steel Double Walled Mugs
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0764RMC4W

And this makes slightly more than two of the above mugs...heats FAST on the Camp-Inn stove, and nice and compact for storage:

GSI Glacier Kettle
    Glacier Stainless 1 qt. Tea Kettle

17. Lipster

Lipster Junior Ranger

We use the Mueller type, and it works great, tastes great as well.

Kevin and M&L like this.
  18. SLO Camper

SLO Camper Junior Ranger

I like your style, Mike & Lisa!

M&L likes this.
  19. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Is that like Talking to yourself is OK --- even responding is acceptable. But watch out when you say "Huh?!"

20. SethB

SethB Ranger

Sweeney, Kevin, M&L and 1 other person like this.