Morning Cup Of Coffee And Weather

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Tour 931, Apr 4, 2022.

1. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

I didn't know Corgies were herders --- With their leg length, I would have imagined they aren't good for much more than herding a worm stamped in the driveway after a spring storm. Poor Junniper, she wants to run with the big dawgs.

She tries to herd Mrs Sweeny & Myself all the time, which doesn't end well after an adult beverage or two...

Last night we had a really nice thunderstorm --- wth as rough as weather has been out west of us, I'm glad it wasn't our turn. I think that the sound of the rain, wind, and thunder is a natural lullaby. This is funny because a clap of thunder would send me into an absolute panic when I was a kid.

Last edited: May 29, 2024
    Warren Mary Ellen and Tour 931 like this.
  2. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

I touched up the RVport propane tank to camouflage it better.
    AC2D322E-3B1D-40AE-8A09-F3B46BD7D552 by Tour 931 posted May 29, 2024 at 7:18 PM

I’m thinking of painting the house tank front end caps a grass green so they don’t stand out.
    29420C71-87D5-41E3-8FC1-6A5E76685496 by Tour 931 posted May 29, 2024 at 7:18 PM

I also painted the milk jugs down by ‘Alice’.
    860C1BF9-ACAF-4A63-98A7-5BF0195B156C by Tour 931 posted May 29, 2024 at 7:18 PM

3. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

:) I'm youtube famous!

4. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

That was an excellent video.

5. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

I think the editing was spot on. His use of campinn & the other videos was very well done. While recording it, there were a couple times my lungs ran out of air before my brain ran out of ideas. He pasted things together incredibly well. I just hope I did CampInn proud....they deserve it.

6. dougbee

dougbee Novice

Great video! Great job Sweeney and Drew. That one is now in my Favorites.

7. Cary Winch

Cary Winch Camp-Inn Staff

Sweeney the movie star! Drew had said there was a owner tour of a Camp-Inn and that video would eventually be coming out. He just never said who that owner was and we have been impatiently waiting to find out who. Made my day seeing it was Sweeney!

8. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Yah, me too :) I was a little surprised at how long it took to come out. Its hard to believe it has been over a year since that was shot. But with the quality of Drew's editing its easy to see why. He is really gifted.

I was a little nervous when he recorded the interview that I'd mumble and fumble -- but I'm happy with the video. Guess that cat is out of the bag on my true identity too :D

9. We are on our third Corgi. They herd cats, the first was bad to do this, children, soccer balls, pretty much everything. I have to play soccer every night with Archie. He’s a little over a year old. We live near a field where hot air balloons launch. They have a special bark for a hot air balloon in the sky. They have all loved to camp. We have a rescue mutt too. He likes to camp, but prefers to be in the camper unless walking.

Ginger the Cat likes the camper too. He’ll sleep with us if we stay in it our yard.

View attachment upload_2024-5-31_16-44-22.jpeg

View attachment upload_2024-5-31_16-50-27.jpeg

Kevin and Van_and_Terri like this.

10. My wife found it a few minutes ago where Camp Inn had posted it. She asked, “ Do you know who Sweeney is on the CI Forum?” Me, “Yep.” Nice job. Now I have a voice to hear when I read your posts here. You folks will have to meet me in person to hear me, I avoid being recorded at all costs.

Last edited: May 31, 2024
    Tour 931, Chuckwagon and Kevin like this.
  11. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

They're a hoot. Ours is border collie mix, and as much as I hate to admit it, she is retired except for her bark. She also has gotten to the point where she can't hold her licker. So anyone around is apt to an aggressive tongue lashing. She often (usually) camps with us when we are traveling duo. As life events have happened lately, I've been camping solo much more frequently. All that said, she is told me she can't wait to go to wiffsioncin....

Thanks. Normally I try to avoid the limelight as well. Though my voice sounds much less like bill gates with his <beep> in a clamp than it used too. I used to sound very "crackly" and high pitched to my own ear and hated it. I actually like the way this turned out :) --- though I INSIST Drew did all the work.

We're doing everything in our power to be at CICO again. Life has thrown me a few curveballs in the last 8-10 months. Having my job relocated to a "more economically viable region" and of course trying to find work at 57 in a "youth oriented" culture. But, God is Good and I trust in Him. Somehow, even though I don't know exactly how...its all going to be OK.

I am dreading cold weather already, but am really looking forward to getting to see my friends in Wisconsin again....

Tour 931 likes this.
  12. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

From what I can tell Wisconsin has two seasons- winter and preparing for winter.

13. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

...and begin June 1'st....

Which season is it today? :D LOL

Kevin likes this.
  14. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Today, the highs are in the mid/low 80s, with blue partly cloud skies. Tomorrow, it's rainy.

What's the significance of this? Simple, my "weekend" is tomorrow and Thursday! "weekends" that fall mid-week are pretty nice, the parks are empty and I don't have to think about reserving until Tuesday. I haven't had a chance to visit any parks on those days yet, its only been 3 weeks since I started my new 'job' -- but I'm thinking this week or definitely next week will be the first.

My Tuesday shift ends at 7(ish), and if I take the camper to work with me, I can be en route to a local state park immediately. This time of year, that's no problem because it's so late. (I LOVE IT!) We'll have to see how that works in October. There are two within a short drive (Summit Lake & Mounds in Muncie) plus a few that are slightly farther, but still entirely feasible.

As for today, work, work, work. I'm still adapting from 24 years of desk work to living up to my namesake. Standing 8 hours is about my limit, the primary shop owner does 10 routinely. I'm trying to figure out how to get him to slow down a little bit, and work 'on' rather than 'in' the business. But this forum isn't about that.

Now, where my Meijer Columbian Roast!

Chuckwagon and Kevin like this.
  15. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

My work week is Saturday and Sunday and my weekends are Monday through Friday. Being retired is highly recommended.

16. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

We have had about two inches of rain in as many days. It’s making my garage building project a lot harder.
    597107B9-E038-4115-9099-006F18241718 by Tour 931 posted Jun 5, 2024 at 4:50 AM

I’m building a 30x50’ garage on the hill. The level platform is about 50x200’ which gives me lots of room to turn around.
    8067DBAD-FAE0-4309-B65E-6FE3B7BE1C33 by Tour 931 posted Jun 5, 2024 at 4:52 AM

The van is parked where the left stall will be. It’s 185 yards from the house.

Van_and_Terri and dustinp like this.
  17. Kevin

Kevin Ranger

June Gloom here, but warming into wildfire season which may become 9 months...;)

Last edited: Jun 6, 2024
  18. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

We just got slammed this afternoon --- I had just enough time between 'work' tasks and the rain storm to get the grass cut ;) Thank goodness! My yard will be soggy for 3 days now, and by then will be ready to cut again --- I just put down fertilizer last weekend.

I am ready for a camping trip though --- I was going to go today, but ... life happened. Next week will be more open....I hope. I am getting desperate

Kevin likes this.
  19. Kevin

Kevin Ranger

"I hope. I am getting desperate"

Yes, camping is essential to mental health for me!

"Back slowly away from the barber shears, Sir"..;) j/k

Tour 931 likes this.
  20. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

It’s 49F and windy. At least my Folgers is hot.