Morning Cup Of Coffee And Weather

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Tour 931, Apr 4, 2022.

1. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Me too --- but for our small little band of brothers :)

Are you a thread killer? LOL, it's been a while since I visited that forum, if its the one I think it is. I used to be active in the tnttt as well but the people I knew there all started "upgrading" and I kind of lost interest in it. Frankly, right now, I don't have time to participate in my forums as it is. Which is probably healthy for the forum :D

That reminds me --- I need to pull together all my camping trips so I can get them on a calendar at the office. Weekends can't be assumed any more...

Kevin likes this.
  2. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

Nope it’s not that forum but I do know about it. I’m a co-owner of a Henry Rifle forum that I started about eight years ago.

3. Kevin

Kevin Ranger

4. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

It took a bit longer than anticipated but it was worth the wait. I couldn't have received much better news - Pathology report was all negative.
    I will say to all the men, check your PSA and get that DRE done regularly. It's easy and a small inconvenience to endure that may spare you potentially devastating outcomes. Since my diagnosis 9 years ago I've been encouraging the guys I know (and those I don't) to do just that. Five friends had their prostate removed and are healthy, one was not so fortunate. I encourage you to watch yours like it was a job.
    End of rant. ;)

5. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

I'm suddenly filled with envy :)

6. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

Glad to hear of your good report. I had my prostate removed in 2003 and just last month had 40% of one kidney removed. I’m otherwise healthy and without the prostate surgery would have been dead a long time ago.

In both my cases the cancer was caught early through tests. By the time you have symptoms it’s way too late.

Kevin and Ken & Peggy like this.
  7. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

I own a firearm forum and they can get quite political. Because of that we (the co-owner and I) have banned any political, religious, or talk of sex. In the eight years we have had very little problems. Some of the members I’ve know for 20 years from other forums and have been to their homes and some have been to mine.

It’s a big happy family just like here.

Kevin likes this.
  8. Van_and_Terri

Van_and_Terri Ranger

I know it’s probably like apples to oranges, but my great grandfather gave me a Henry double barrel shotgun many years ago. I have since gave to my nephew.

Sweeney, Tour 931 and Kevin like this.
  9. Ken & Peggy

Glad things have gone well for you.
    As you said, regular testing is key to catching so much of these cancers. And overcoming the stigma of doing regular prostate checks would save thousands of lives a year. Thankfully I have no hesitation talking about it :)

Warren Mary Ellen, Tour 931 and Kevin like this.
  10. Thunderstorms and more thunderstorms.

Tour 931 and Ken & Peggy like this.
  11. Ken & Peggy

Sounds like you're getting what we had yesterday. It'll stop, one day...

Warren Mary Ellen likes this.
  12. dustinp

dustinp Ranger Donating Member

......tears from the heavens reminding us what this holiday is all about.

Kevin likes this.
  13. Kevin

Kevin Ranger

dustinp likes this.
  14. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Thanks for the post. Hearing the less informed among my circle of acquaintances....

leave it to say that it is clear the difference between Veterans Day and Memorial Day is clear.

Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord,
    and let perpetual light shine upon them.
    May the souls of all the faithful departed,
    through the mercy of God, rest in peace.
    ~Amen~​

15. Carl U

Carl U Junior Ranger

Stopped by Tour 931's to drop off the mud flaps. His pictures don't do justice to see it up close and in person. After the drive from MPLS Khazbar our golden doodle had a great time romping around!

Sweeney, Ken & Peggy, dustinp and 2 others like this.
  16. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Larg pieces of and + My dog + other friendly dogs = tired dogs

Of course mine is a corgie mix, so she doesn't run the fastest...but the rest of her is border collie so she WANTS to run fast. Poor thing :D

17. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

A neighbor comes over and her dog likes to run the property and another neighbor’s dog comes over on his own. I think the dogs like the open spaces and the owners like the fact there are no roads nearby. Both have places near roads and the dogs need constant supervision. The dogs like it because they can run free and not get yelled at.

18. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

A lone deer was in my field this morning. Usually they hang together.
    D363F90B-DE35-4D08-84F0-A96878CDDB3F by Tour 931 posted May 28, 2024 at 5:37 AM

19. Kevin

Kevin Ranger

Corgies are perpetually trying to round up the sheep (doodles) at the dogparks we go to...

20. Kevin

Kevin Ranger

Zoomies!

Tour 931 likes this.