Making the bed

Discussion in 'Tips & Tricks' started by Jay & Valerie, Mar 17, 2015.

1. rgupnorth

rgupnorth Junior Ranger Donating Member

We just use sleeping bags. The mid-range ones so they are not too bulky. Work well and they are easy to work with.

2. hiadventurer

hiadventurer Junior Ranger

We use the "pull the bed up method" best with two people or you spend your time running around the trailer. We have a 3" topper with a mattress pad, queen fitted sheet, full flat sheet and a twin comforter. Pull the actress.up 2.-3 feet put the matress.pad, fitted, flat on first them push the matress back down to the flat position and then pull them up one by one tucking them in as you you come up toward head. Then throw the comforter over the top. The twin comforter is a perfect fit as you do t have hardly any extra on side..R

3. Little Patriot

Little Patriot Junior Ranger Donating Member

I ordered a Travasak and an extra set of sheets. Quality seems okay. Washed the one sheet set and will try it out.

4. AlCat

AlCat Junior Ranger Donating Member

something that works well in Scandinavia (or at least in Norway), that perhaps should be implemented by TD owners: NO TOP SHEET. You use a fitted bottom sheet, and the comforter has an easily removed cover, for cleaning. After each trip, you remove the comforter cover for cleaning. This avoids the problem of having to keep that top sheet tucked in.

On some scandinavian beds, each person has his/her own comforter, so two comforters sit side-by-side on the made bed.

Make sense?

-Al

5. birder526

birder526 Novice

Makes sense! Although we use a shared top sheet, we each have our own blankets. Works well!

6. AlCat

we also use a shared top sheet (sewn to the bottom edge of the fitted sheet), but I think the no-top-sheet method would work better.

7. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

Huh....comforter with a removable cover and no top sheet. Simple. Brilliant. Thanks.

Although, I would prefer two handsome, athletic young men to change the sheet for me...but whatever.

Camp on

8. AlCat

Well, I can't take credit for it. Thank the people of Norway for this, apparently. (I only learned of this approach thanks to a girlfriend whose bed was that way. It made such sense! And it took her about two seconds to make her bed.)
    (but that same girlfriend, now my wife, did not use the sensible method in our TD. )

-Al