Linda & Steve signing in

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by Downsized, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Downsized

Downsized Newbie

Hi all. We just purchased Uff Da Inn from Jean W and could not be happier. Uff Da Inn is a 2011 550 Ultra SUV, #484, that now calls Zeeland Michigan home. We are avid outdoor types that prefer a rustic style of camping. We spent the last 6 years in a relatively small molded fiberglass trailer but decided it was time to downsize. We look forward to learning and sharing here on the "Unofficial Camp-Inn forum".

Thanks again Jean

Linda & Steve

2. skissinger

skissinger Ranger Donating Member

Welcome!

3. Jean W

Jean W Junior Ranger Donating Member

Linda and Steve,

Time to remane YOUR teardrop. Welcome to the forum!

Jean

4. birder526

birder526 Novice

Hi! Welcome and congratulations on your new teardrop! Wishing you many adventures!

5. rgupnorth

rgupnorth Junior Ranger Donating Member

Good to hear there is another CI in Michigan.

6. Cary Winch

Cary Winch Camp-Inn Staff

Linda & Steve,

Welcome to the family. You have a good trailer there, very nice.

When you get a chance email us your contact info. We will get you set up in the customer database and move your pin on the map to Zeeland.

Speaking of Zeeland, you are in good company. There is another Camp-Inn owner there also. Many on the forum know him, he is well known in the Camp-Inn world, being such a lovable character. That would be Rick D with serial #560.

Cary

7. Downsized

Downsized Newbie

Thanks all for the kind welcome. We are anxious to "get campinn" with the Wander Wagon.

Linda & Steve

8. Mark & Casandra

Mark & Casandra Junior Ranger

Linda & Steve,
    Welcome! You have made a great choice & I have no doubt you will love your CampInn and new teardrop camping lifestyle!
    We started out tent camping nearly 20 years ago. Four kids later, we lost our minds & bought a monster 32 foot travel trailer! 3-4 years later we somewhat came to our senses and downsized to a 22 foot Hi-Lo camper. And now that we are down to 2 "full-time" kids @ home & 2 "part-time" kids, we have downsized again & are the proud owners of a 560 Raindrop.....this teardrop lifestyle is by far my favorite way to camp & travel out of them all!
    We had the pleasure to camp in Michigan for the first time (when we rented a 560 for a test run in Sept. 2013). We loved Bond Falls, Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore, the Porcupine Mountains, and Lake Superior....you have a beautiful state! Happy trails to you!

9. rgupnorth

Mark_n_Casandra - you really visited some of the more scenic sites in Upper Michigan. Bond Falls and PR National Lakeshore. Did you happen to take the road through Pictured Rock to Grand Maria? Beautiful drive.

10. Downsized

Downsized Newbie

Mark_n_Casandra

Our story is quite similar to yours. We went from backpacks to a larger tent and stuff then into a pop-up and more stuff then finally into a molded fiberglass trailer with still more stuff......all the time thinking how much we missed the smaller simpler life. Well we are back to basics now and I have the trailer I drooled over many years ago but it just did not not fit into the plan then. So glad that plans can be changed.

rgupnorth
    County road 58 between Munising and Grand Marais is one beautiful trek, we have traveled it more than 25 times now. I do we think we enjoyed it more before it was paved though.

11. rgupnorth

I think now that it is paved - it has more traffic than in the past - especially motorcycle's - it is on the list of rides for most every biker.

12. Mark & Casandra

We did the boat cruise out of Munising & loved it! Then we did drive through PRNL to Grand Maria....stopping at many points along the way....very beautiful place....and also a long, somewhat scary drive back to Munising in the dark, late at night! LOL We would have loved to camp there but didn't have the Raindrop with us as this was a "daytrip" from our campsite at Van Riper State Park (only thing we found available on Labor Day weekend). However, we did take the Raindrop when we headed to the Porcupine Mtns and scored an amazing campsite right on the shore of Lake Superior in Ontonagon Township Park....one of our favorite campsites ever!

Casandra

13. rgupnorth

Ontonagon is a very pretty area - especially on the lakeshore. Did you go inland from Lake of the Clouds
    and visit Presque Isle river and falls?

14. Mark & Casandra

Sorry I haven't seen this and replied until now....too much going on around here the past 2 months.

YES! We did spend an entire day driving, exploring & hiking through the Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State Park area.....we LOVED IT & want to go back for a longer stay! Lake of the Clouds was beautiful & so was the Presque Isle River Falls trail/hike! We were very impressed by the forestry we saw; it was uniquely different from any place we'd been before....beautifully captivating!

Casandra