Misc Keg Of Beer?

Discussion in 'Camp-Inn Options & Accessories' started by Trippster, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Trippster

Trippster Novice

Yo,
    I was thinking aboutn an annual Kentucky Derby party that we go to every year, after all we live in Louisville. I was wondering if it is possible to put a keg or pony keg of beer in the cooktop/cooler slot in the TD.
    I am not thinking of transporting it that way, but merely installing it there as part of a tailgating type party. Has anyone done that? Not sure if it fits since I don't have the TD yet.
    Any problems with this idea?
    Thanks all.

2. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

I'd think a pony keg would fit, but have not done that. It'd be appropriate for the Derby, too.

3. Trippster

Trippster Novice

After thinking about it, not sure how we could keep it cold. Oh well.

4. Jean W

Jean W Junior Ranger Donating Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  5. mcjimjam

mcjimjam Junior Ranger Donating Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  6. Oysterpot

Oysterpot Moderator Staff Member

I'm with you on that Jim. Wow they are proud of those babies.

7. ghaynes

ghaynes Novice

Or how about this? From the other guys website.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

I wonder if we could borrow that for the next tailgater?

Sue and Jim

9. ajs777

ajs777 Novice

The guys that built this are from Roanoke, VA about 3hours from me. Before I left for the CICO I stopped by to see their work and this traveling bar was at their shop. It was built as a promotional piece for three different companies. It was slightly abused at an event and shipped back for an overhaul. The craftsmanship is outstanding, but the manufacturing process is nothing like CampInn. It is far from the controlled environment that Cary and Craig have developed for their trailers. I spent about two hours talking with one of the owners and found it very much like talking to Cary and Craig. He was a wealth of knowledge, very talented and extremely proud of the trailers they produce. I asked him about keeping the aluminum finish clean and he told me about Busch Enterprises aluminum wash and wax sealant. He said the wash is a spray on rinse off application and the sealant is applied and wiped off by hand... no elbow grease. I'll check into this a little more and let you know what I discover.

aj

10. AlCat

AlCat Junior Ranger Donating Member

11. Parker

Parker Newbie

12. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

Yah, they're kewl, but on the mini which is about right for the weekend trip only has a limited selection if a selection at all that I could find.. would be great if it caught on and all the breweries would start offering those minis..
    nice..

13. Parker

Parker Newbie

My neighbor has the coil cooler and I was surprised at how well it worked and was thinking about getting one.

I know what you mean about the selection for the mini. I love the idea but the selection is horrible...especially since I'm a micro-brew drinker.

14. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

Heheheh.... Coming from Oregon, Micro Capital of the PNW, small wonder about the "selection is Horrible"... Micros rock... but only found 2-3 Regular beers, no Micros, in the mini-kegs... so will have to pass on the cooler for now... just get the jugs and put'em in ice... for now anyway