Keeping My Rv Warm

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tour 931, Nov 30, 2023.

1. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

I have a Class A diesel pusher in addition to my two CI’s. I keep it under an RVport. It has 50 amp 220v power and a 500 gallon propane tank.

3B9C91A0-A4A6-416A-808F-3D3156A0C0BB by Tour 931 posted Nov 30, 2023 at 9:30 AM

Having the open sides on the port allows me to extend the slides and still have a view of Timms Hill.
    4FDEE6FB-4BED-4162-919D-2D2BE37E3A88 by Tour 931 posted Nov 30, 2023 at 9:30 AM

This is my guest bedroom and TV room as I don’t have a TV in my living room. It makes a great guest house.
    FFA094D1-5D06-40A5-9AEB-8516901E17FF by Tour 931 posted Nov 30, 2023 at 9:30 AM

I keep the thermostat at 40F when not in use. Today my housecleaner is here and I’m spending the morning in the RV. I turned the heat up to 68 and it ran for an hour straight. It comes on frequently although less and less as the furniture warms.

When I wintered over down south I would fill the 40 gallon tank about once a month. The temperature there ranged from 20 to 60. Now it’s between-4 and 30. I wonder how long the attached 500 gallons will last using it once to twice a week?

Kevin S and dustinp like this.
  2. dustinp

dustinp Ranger Donating Member

Ni
    Nice guest/TV house! I wondered about the open sides, but now that all makes sense. It will be interesting to see how long your 500 gallon tank lasts, but it seems like it should go most, if not all winter.

Kevin S likes this.
  3. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Beautiful rig. You could always store one of the CI's in the living room :)

There are days I miss mine, as do my cats. We took them with us camping, and I'm convinced Marvin will never forgive us for keeping him here rather than moving the house like we did in the past.

Tour 931 likes this.
  4. Kevin S

Kevin S Ranger

Brilliant.
    I noticed in Cedar Key - Keaton Beach area and surrounding on the Gulf side where people come down for scallope season and summer with kids...

That its a thing to erect "pole barns" building roofs with no walls vs spec houses on 23' stilts per the new FEMA map requirements...and park one or two RVs plus boats on trailers under the shade.

They call it the reverse snowbird- "head north when it gets too hot and humid."

Also; Makes sense for hurricane bugout, just drive the family (and vacay home) north! Let the waves pass underneath and over the pad...

Hmmm...I wonder how some of those handled the last one that made landfall not far from Cedar Key...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 30, 2023
    Sweeney and Tour 931 like this.