Announcement It Will Be A Long Wait

Discussion in 'Announcements & Build Journals' started by pbaker2225, Jul 20, 2013.

1. pbaker2225

pbaker2225 Junior Ranger Donating Member

Thanks Jean, That helps too.

2. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

Pat we have a 550 with out a sun roof but stayed in a 560 with a sunroof when having work done on our tear. I personally prefer the greater outdoors during the day, stars by the campfire and a quiet dark cocoon at night in our Suite Retreat.

3. Jean W

Jean W Junior Ranger Donating Member

Pat,

You saved money not having the sunroof, which allows you to stay within a budget finding teardrop necessaties.

Jean

4. pbaker2225

Thanks Pat, If I want to look at the stars I will just have to go outside. That is where I like to spend my time anyway. I'm telling myself that I wouldn't get that much entertainment looking out the roof anyway. Probably will need a sunshade to keep cool or park in shade and not be able to see anything. And I won't have to worry about it leaking or my stuff fading from too much sun.
    And that is right Jean I have more money to spend on "stuff".

5. PlasticsMan

PlasticsMan Novice

The last time we camped (last fall) I had to clean the leaves from the sunroof screen every day... And I still managed to get bits of leaves and twigs on the bed!

Also, with the screen in place its difficult to see any stars anyway...

6. pbaker2225

that sounds like a pain and stuff in the bed doesn't sound fun. Maybe I'll get some of those glow in the dark stars that you stick on the ceiling. lol I really think I am about over it. You guys have helped a lot. I still feel a little bad though. My trailer is looking beautiful and I won't have to worry about leaks. I can't wait to start my adventures.

7. Jean W

Jean W Junior Ranger Donating Member

Pat,

A major mind shift! YOu are onto the path to new adventures.

Jean, who would never get a sunroof in a teardrop.

8. pbaker2225

I'm falling in love more with my new Raindrop every time I look at the Pictures. Getting more excited every day.

9. PlasticsMan

PlasticsMan Novice

You're gonna love it, sunroof or not...

And the leaf bits were reminiscent of finding cracker crumbs in the bed... :eek:

10. pbaker2225

Thanks everybody. I'm over it. Mostly?

11. dhutchin

dhutchin Novice

Does this help? You live in the Pacific NW. The sun only shines 2 days a year. That's 363 days of owning a rain roof.

A couple of years ago, I was given the job of negotiating and ordering a new Subaru for my lovely bride. There was only one big request…she wanted a sunroof like I had on my car. Care to guess what I forgot? Would you like to predict when I might live it down?

Sunroofs…or sunrooves…. are stupid.

12. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

My requirement is always a sunroof and heated seats. Strange yes, but when the sun does shine, I am going to enjoy it. Now convertibles on the other hand, I have no use for. :)

13. pbaker2225

I don't think I would enjoy the sun roof at all when the sun is shinning. I envisioned myself lying in bed looking at the stars and moon or thunder and lightning storm.
    You are right AsheWolf, not much sun here. I don't really like the sun unless I can sit in the shade and look at it with a cold drink in hand. I don't need no stinkin sun roof anyway.
    Thanks everyone, I really am over it now. I may still have brief periods of regret.

14. jfocallag

jfocallag Junior Ranger Donating Member

Pat,

You probably missed the sunroof on your build sheet because you started with the 550. It would have been a choice between the fan and the sunroof. The fan makes more sense on the 550. When you changed the order, you missed it.

I don't think that you are going to miss the sunroof. There are plenty of other windows. The only time you would be looking out of it would be when you are lying on the bed and more than likely you will be asleep. I believe you wear glasses as I do so even when lying in bed, I really don't see much out of the sunroof unless I lie there with my glasses on.

You are going to love your 560 and will not miss the sunroof.

15. pbaker2225

Thanks Joan, I believe you are right. Like I said I have no desire to have the sun beating in and I've been thinking, How long can you stare at the stars? You are right I couldn't see without my glasses either.
    I go back and look at the build pictures and I just love it more every time. I'm really looking forward to camping and traveling with it. I'm so glad I got an opportunity to sit in yours and changed my order to the 560.

16. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

Honestly, if I were to order SnuggleBug today, I wouldn't get the sunroof. In our case it has not been worth the money.

17. 1Door

1Door Novice

I had T-tops in a 1984 Datsun/Nissan 300zx back in 1985.
    HATED THEM!!!!
    The less windows the better IMO especially when a camper is meant for sleeping in OR for privacy.

18. pbaker2225

Hi Susan, I think you are right. I probably won't miss the sun roof at all. I am even beginning to be glad I won't have one. It has helped to have others point out the negatives. I really don't want the sun beating in.
    Whats this about you selling 2NA Can. I have really enjoyed your posts and how your sense of humor comes through in them. I hope you will continue to share your adventures.

19. 1Door

1Door Novice

We are always full of adventures!! Alan is trading Tarpon 120 kayaks for Jackson Kilroys so he can accommodate the new poodle pups and we are beginning to realize that a bigger camper is in our future!!!
    Keep having fun!

20. pbaker2225

Are you going for a camper on a truck so you can pull a bigger trailer for the Kilroys? Or a motor home? Sounds like fun. Keep us posted.