Announcement It Will Be A Long Wait

Discussion in 'Announcements & Build Journals' started by pbaker2225, Jul 20, 2013.

1. pbaker2225

pbaker2225 Junior Ranger Donating Member

Thanks Cary, I love that number. 650, for no other reason than it is mine. I'm off for brake controller and wiring tomorrow. I hope to be one of the 10% but since I don't know anything about wiring I am giving them the write up Cary did about the wiring and a little lecture about the 90% failure rate and just pray for the best.

2. pbaker2225

Devil's Inn or Devilsin. You are really good at thinking up names Susan.

3. 1Door

1Door Novice

I didn't think of Devil's Inn...
    I thought of Devils Den...
    YOU are the smart one!

4. pbaker2225

ohhh, but I've seen your work before.

5. dhutchin

dhutchin Novice

Does it have a sulphur smell to it?

6. 1Door

1Door Novice

Alan here,
    The hinges are probably made of brimstone and I bet it glows red in the dark. Flies may swarm at certain times.

Susan here...
    I bet the happy owners of #666 had to pay extra for that number!

7. Snudley

Snudley Novice

Oh, wow. What fun it would be to have #666! You'd come up with a ton of fun themes to use with the "beast".

8. AlCat

AlCat Junior Ranger Donating Member

I would have no problem taking 666.

No, I am not a Satanist. :)

the 13th floor isn't left out in many countries. East Asian countries typically don't use "4" for their fourth floor.

We all realize there is ALWAYS a 13th floor right? Even if they call it "14" or "M", it is still the 13th floor.

Of course, if you are on Floor 12 in Europe you are actually on Floor 13, since they usually start with "0" for the ground (whereas the ground floor is "1" in America....)

re "666" - scholars disagree about this, but the early translations used "616" not "666," so.....who's got that camper? If his name is "Nero,".....

and 666 is also seen as a positive number in some cultures

uh-oh....I just updated my signature to correct how many nights we've been camping in the TD.....I'll call that "lucky 13"!!
    -Al

9. pbaker2225

I have a crew here adding onto my daughters garage so my son in law can move his welding equipment and tools out of my shop. I will have my shop back for my little wood shop and a place to park my pttywagin.
    Oh well, another couple of months to wait for my trailer. What do you do when the shopping is done and nothing to do but wait?
    By the way GhostOrchid, I did look at your link to Devil's Den NP. I have bookmarked it and hope to go their sometime. I am looking forward to exploring the south.

10. skissinger

skissinger Ranger Donating Member

"when the shopping is done"?

Huh, I think you still need a Whatz-it and a few more thing-a-ma-gigs.

Also, pile up everything you have already, and plan where it will live--knowing that when you actually get your trailer you'll change your mind on location, and even on whether or not you want that blue thing-a-ma-gig at all, and only need the orange one. :)

11. pbaker2225

I am usually a saver and think carefully about whether I need something, where I'm going to put it and What I can get rid of to make room for it. That said, I have really enjoyed shopping for my trailer. Most of the kitchen stuff I already had from tent camping so I got great bedding stuff and security items. I got a great wool comforter on sale and made a duvet cover. I think my cabin is going to be Ultra comfortable.
    I think when we have a meet-up we should have a free table where we can deposit things we don't want and pick up something someone else decided they don't want.
    I'm sure I'll think of some thing a ma bob I can't get along without or maybe a couple of what cha ma callits.

12. pbaker2225

That really is a bad tease. Good reassurance though. I know if you saw her that she really exists and is not just in my imagination. It is hard to believe it is really happening. Is she almost done?
    Tell us what you did with the Hypervent and how it is working for you.
    I thought maybe they moved Florida. I'll bet it is even colder in Wi than Mo.

13. pbaker2225

I'm so excited. Thanks for the report. I got those grab bars because I'm hoping my mom will travel with me some. Of course I'm not getting any younger.

14. pbaker2225

Craig posted the latest build pictures of my trailer. It is beautiful of course. That sure ramps up the excitement. My pick up date is May 2nd. I really can't wait. My Montana daughter is going with me. It is her fault I'm getting the trailer. She introduced me to teardrops in June last summer and by the first week in July I had found CampInn on the internet and ordered mine.
    Everyone on the Forum has been so helpful and friendly. I appreciate all of you and hope to see you on the road.
    Anyone have a suggestion of where to stay the night before pick up?

15. Jean W

Jean W Junior Ranger Donating Member

Pat,

Question is where do you expect to be the day before picking up?

There are a variety of hotels in Wisconsin.
    LaCrosse: about an hours drive east to Necedah
    Tomah: about 30 minutes drive east to Necedah
    Necedah: there are a variety of Ma and Pa type facilites. My suggestion is contact Cary for which one he suggests.
    New Lisbon: about 30 minutes south of Necedah
    Tent camp (Necedah) at Bckhorn State Park, Camp Inn, or Castle Rock County Park

Jean

16. pbaker2225

Thanks for the info. I have looked at the map since asking this question and thought Tomah looked like a good place to stay since I'm coming from the west. When I leave Necedah I will go over to my brothers place near Montello.
    Not tent camping. No thank you. I hope I never have to put up a tent again unless it is for someone else. I'll keep the parks in mind for a future trip in the trailer.

17. pbaker2225

Oh no, I got my latest build pictures and noticed I don't see the sun roof. I reviewed my build page and its not on there. I obviously did a bad job of reviewing the build sheet. I'm just sick about it. I hope it is not too late to change.I may need everyone to tell me all the disadvantages of having the sun roof to help cheer me up. My trailer looks beautiful otherwise.

18. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

My sunroof leaked when the seal got dirty, and my wife always wants it covered with the curtain at night so that the sun doesn't wake her up in the morning, so I never get to see the stars through it. Is this helping?

19. pbaker2225

That does help Evan. I'm not quite as upset as I was when I first discovered my mistake. I do think whatever happens is for the best and I will just deal with it. A disappointment but life is full of them so that's the way it goes.

20. Jean W

Jean W Junior Ranger Donating Member

Pat,

Sun roofs let in a lot of sun, which translates to increased summer heat!

Also, there is no insulation in the sunroof area, so the roof line is colder!

Jean