It arrived without a sound

Discussion in '100 Nights' started by Jim Carter, Oct 20, 2021.

1. Jim Carter

Jim Carter Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

It seems we made over a hundred nights in the Flapping Flamingo without realizing it.

This was our forth season. Simple math shows that we have averaged just over 25 nights a year.

The first season included the pick up of our Ultra 550 in March, a cold weekend in April since we found out our high altitude circuit was faulty at Raccoon Creek State Park in PA, two more state parks, Codorus & Ohiopyle in PA and a long haul that included sights in Kansas, Nebraska, Wyoming, Montana, & South Dakota.

In 2019, for season two, we made the most trips coming in at 8. This was the only season so far that we have made it to the CICO. All of the other trips, except one, were to Dutch Oven Gatherings (DOGs) including the national DOG in Illinois. One of the DOGs was in Frankenmuth, MI and the remainder were at state parks in PA, Raccoon Creek, Codorus, Ohiopyle, & Pine Grove Furnace. We made a return trip to Raccoon Creek state park for a Tear Jerkers event.

The 2020 season, or the first year of COVID, we were still able to make camping trips once a month from June to October. All trips were in PA State Parks, Cowan's Gap, Codorus, Ohiopyle, & Cook Forest, which are our favorites, except the last one. The October trip lead us just into upstate New York to Lake Erie State Park.

This year the season led us into the new territory of campground hosting at Ohiopyle State Park. We stayed the minimum of two weeks. It included deer tick bites for both Gay & I and a trip to the dentist for me. Luckily Ohiopyle is near to Uniontown, PA with a Med Express and our regular dentist. Being only an hour from home we zipped back to do our Laundry one day. For the other trips we returned to Raccoon Creek State Park 2 times and made a trip to a new State Park, Colonel Denning.

We continue to enjoy our little camper and are considering another long haul out to Glacier National Park.

Here are a few shots of our trips

Jenn, Kevin S, SethB and 1 other person like this.
  2. Jim Carter

It seems I cannot get pictures to post.

3. Jim Carter

4. Jim Carter

It is the Sportbrella.

campdude and Kevin S like this.
  5. campdude

campdude Ranger

IS it the 8 foot sportbrella? Standard sportbrella or the ultimate?

6. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

My best suggestion is to keep reducing the pixels a little at a time. It will eventually work. I'm not positive, but I think mine wound up somewhere around 100X100...

Kevin S likes this.
  7. Jim Carter

It is the Sport-brella XL, 9 ft.