Holdup Sheet Stay-Downs

Discussion in 'Other Gear & Equipment' started by adrianneross, Oct 16, 2015.

1. adrianneross

adrianneross Junior Ranger Donating Member

I bought a set of these to help keep my "fits mattresses up to 20 deep!" mattress pad from bunching up on my 4" deep Camp-Inn mattress:

[​IMG]

http://www.holdup-suspenders.com/stay-downs.htm

http://www.amazon.com/Crisscross-F...1_14?s=bedbath&ie=UTF8&qid=1445010645&sr=1-14

So far, they work great although it was "fun" putting them on. I shortened the elastic straps as short as they will go (see 20" vs. 4" comment above) - basically until the two velcro tabs met in the center. Then I put the mattress pad on the bed, crawled under the mattress, attached the clips to what I guessed were the corners of the mattress pad "skirt," made sure the straps weren't twisted and everything was OK. Then I crawled out from under the mattress, sweaty and disheveled, but with a nice, taut mattress pad.

I will never claim to be the smartest person in the room....

After a season in the camper, everything is still holding up well - the clips seem to be holding the mattress pad hem nice and secure, the clips are plastic so they don't tear/abrade whatever crappy material they use to make mattress pad skirts, the elastic straps haven't lost their stretch, and if you're lucky, you can also stretch the corners of your fitted sheet and hold both the mattress pad and fitted sheet taut at the same time!

p.s. I haven't felt the clips through the mattress although that might be a concern.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  2. adrianneross

adrianneross Junior Ranger Donating Member

Ha! I just sold two sets of North Face (synthetic) square sleeping bags (25-degree & 45-degree) on Craigslist. Never thought to use them in the camper...duh! Well, live and learn...and never get rid of ANYTHING (that's what Tim always says to me when he's down in the shop kludging)....

3. rgupnorth

rgupnorth Junior Ranger Donating Member

We have always used 2 sleeping bags - eliminate a lot of hassle with sheets, etc.

4. birder526

birder526 Novice

Hi! We don't use a top sheet as it became too difficult to keep it tucked in and neat! We each have our own two blankets, so there's no battle over the covers! This works best for us.