Greetings From Socal

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by JohnC, Nov 14, 2020.

1. JohnC

JohnC Ranger

Hello everybody!

I joined the forum a few months back, but last week I officially sent in my deposit on a 550 Ultra, so I guess it's time to say hello.

I'm retired, have done some camping but also use hotels a lot. I'm a very amateur (emphasis on the word amateur) photographer who enjoys the outdoors and photographing it. I enjoy camping, but don't have nearly the experience most here have so I may have a few dumb questions along the way. I've read quite a bit of the forum posts but am still making my way through the older stuff.

I'm looking forward to hopefully meeting up with others some day.

If you are interested in seeing some of the places I've been you can peruse some of my photos. You may notice I'm somewhat partial to Yosemite. Living 6 hours away can do that to you. :) But for those who have never been, I encourage you to plan a trip. You won't be disappointed.

Nature

2. Jim Carter

Jim Carter Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Enjoy the ride!

3. skissinger

skissinger Ranger Donating Member

Ask any questions you like. I expect you will enjoy your 550 ultra!

4. Welcome John! We are new as well. Love the pics!

5. Randy

Randy Ranger Donating Member

Great pictures John!

6. JohnC

JohnC Ranger

Thanks everybody!

7. SethB

SethB Ranger

Welcome!

very nice pictures. You have the planning & patience, it really shows!

Someday I’ll get to Yosemite in February...

Kevin S and PrairieVikings like this.
  8. JohnC

JohnC Ranger

Thanks Seth. The key to Yosemite in winter is watching the weather closely, being able to plan on short notice, and preferably not living too far away. Being retired helps in that pursuit. ;-)

Kevin S and PrairieVikings like this.
  9. Rich & Karen

Rich & Karen Newbie

Greetings, John! Would love to visit Yosemite with our teardrop someday - post more when you pick yours up

10. JohnC

JohnC Ranger