Update Full Circle 560 Ultra #2

Discussion in 'Announcements & Build Journals' started by Brad D., May 27, 2023.

1. Brad D.

Brad D. Novice

Started with a new Arctic Fox TT, a complete nightmare of leaks & poor workmanship. After much research I found & ordered a Factory Direct Camp-Inn 560 Ultra, and found the Company & workmanship to be top notch. Enjoyed every aspect of the 560 & had many memorable camping trips. Eventually we moved up to a Factory Direct ESCAPE 19’ fiberglass trailer & also had many wonderful trips, with no problems.
    Next we ordered a Factory Direct OLIVER Elite 18.5’ fiberglass trailer with excellent results.
    We found that with our travel trailers we preferred to cook outside. Also we preferred to sit outside under the awning. Lastly we found the perceived advantage of the wet bath & toilet came at the cost of cleaning & maintenance of the black tank - we found ourselves using the Campground Toilets & showers. That left only sleeping inside the travel trailer. End result, we sold the OLIVER and ordered another Camp-Inn 560 Ultra. Not only does if fit our needs perfectly, it does not require a Pick-Up Truck as a tow vehicle. Kept the Fiberglass Trailers in covered storage & found myself washing the trailer before & after each trip & grew tired of using a eight foot ladder (age 70) to wash the roof. The 560 will be stored in the garage & be a snap to clean & maintain compared a larger trailers.
    Bigger is not always better!
    TOWBERT #2

2. Steve Sanford

Steve Sanford Novice

My wife and I are finally in a position to be able to take longer trips and we have talked about getting something bigger. Your experience is helpful - thank you.

dirty6 and Brad D. like this.
  3. Van_and_Terri

Van_and_Terri Ranger

We have done everything from Class A’s to teardrops and found ourselves coming back to Teardrops. Have a 560 on order. We have an Escape 21C also as the wife wants a bathroom. Not sure how long we will keep it.

Kevin S and Brad D. like this.
  4. Brad D.

Brad D. Novice

Two things the Camp-Inn Trailer, Escape Trailers & Oliver Trailers have in common - all three hold their value & all three are Factory Direct.

Kevin S and Sweeney like this.
  5. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

It's because all these companies product quality. Once you realize that buying from one of the 'big manufacturers', the parts all come from the same place. Lippert makes (LCI) every component on most rv's. Fridges, Furances, Walls, Axles, Frame. Even CampInn has some LCI --- they are inescapable. If LCI ever stumbles, the wave produced will sink many many companies.

The second realization is if you are buying from a manufacturer in Elkhart --- they are all hiring the same people. I personally knew people who worked at almost every factory in their "careers" -- if you hire the same people you're going to get the same quality.

Not a fan.

Kevin S and Brad D. like this.
  6. Kevin S

Kevin S Ranger

Sweeney, I really appreciate your frankness and sharing your depth of knowledge of the business, here.

7. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

I just don't want anyone making the STUPID mistakes I did...I wasted so much money it makes me sick to think about. Its probably a camper-confessional story, and if I did the math outright I'd probably be more upset than I am. But it was over 4 years or so in total...so it doesn't feel quite as bad.

My adventure into a "bigger" and back...the only reason I escaped with my skin, by the grace of God, was that my timing was lucky...not good. Luck. I bought before the covid price increases, and wanted out just as the price increases were at a high though not "peak" Additionally, my employer was in a position to pay bonuses, so it didn't feel like real money...it was unexpected income. I'll probably not see that again in my lifetime.

The "Losses" could be written off as "cost of entertainment" if I don't consider it too much.

Kevin S likes this.