Franks OTRA - Where's Frank-O now....

Discussion in 'Adventures & Excursions' started by fpoole, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Dahava

Dahava Novice

I saw a pretty interesting video about restoring cast iron that seemed pretty amazing, using just apple cider vinegar. It's a long video so you can skip to about the 8:30 min mark: Restore Cast Iron. Obviously, it's to take the cast iron down to base and start over fresh. I was impressed, but haven't personally tried it. Mine is in pretty good shape but it might be great for someone who buys old flea market iron and wants to restore it.

I also bought this Chain Mail cast iron pan scrubber and have been VERY pleased with it. We like to use cast iron at home too.

2. AnnaSteve

AnnaSteve Novice

Frank looks like you can use some help with those beverages.

3. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

Help with bevs... heheh, yah, fellow TD - Canada build - joined me, his bottle is the Blue one... and didn't even come close...

Me help?
    Yep, can use all the help I can get... The sad part (actually is good I guess) is that I'm only good for 2-3 and then I'm done.. so I end up going home with a lot of unused mix... and stuff...

More help, the merrier I always say...

4. michaelo

michaelo Novice

Looks like a great campground Frank, we'll have to check it out once we get our teardrop.

5. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

I love that picture of you with Carmen. It is you in your element. Just awesome!

6. fpoole

Thanks Sarah, it's fun....

Right now at Vantage, WA... heheh only one here and now I know why... Park is closed during the weekend... Dph... Park range did say I could stay, so here I am.

I'm trying to check out the sand dunes at Moses Lake to see what it's all about for when I get 'The Beast' (RZR XP 1000 ORV)....
    Osis RV park is a dump.... mostly permanent Resd.... sigh, will hit the sand dune area tomorrow to check it out... right now?? temp is 34F and slight rain/drizzle for to night and no rain for tomorrow, so looking good for now anyway....

7. fpoole

Ok, that was fun???
    I dunno yet... found the Moses Lake Sand Dunes just like the directions say, except they forgot to update..."Road Closed due to bridge..." looks like it's been that way for a while and noting a lot of new expensive homes cropping up I suspect it will never be repaired. Trying to find the East Entrance was worthless with the garmins and web searchs. Had to ask some duck hunters and they kinda sorta knew where to go. Finally found it.

Next stop was to Juniper Dunes.. Yikes.. ended up in some farmers Maintenance yard... oh well, I get the idea..

Next week head over to Belfair to check out their trails... fun...

I'm starting to feel like the New buyers waiting for their builds in waiting for "The Beast".. heheh... anxious... talking to the dealer on Friday to line up the "Add-ons" which of course are more than the unit itself... sigh...

8. fpoole

KOA Campground APP: Don't remember if this is new or not??

[​IMG]

KOA Campfinder App

Nice to have as a backup for late at night and you're just now looking for a place to "Sleep & Go".... as I always seemed to do...

Now, if the McOffice people have there's with McDonald's I should be set... Sad, but useful...

9. michaelo

michaelo Novice

Thanks for posting this Frank, I just got the app and it works great, I know this is going to come in handy.

Michael

10. fpoole

Yes Michael,
    In time you will appreciated your two best friends on the road...

Mc Office (McDonald's according to Jenn) and the KOAs... they pretty much fall into the same category as there are some good ones and some not so good, but you always know what you'll get... hook ups, WiFi, laundry.. and right next to the freeway, most anyway... quick N Easy for those "Snooze & Cruise" trips.. or "Sleep & Go" stops... when traveling to a multi-day location...

11. fpoole

Ok, loaded and tied, ready to ride...
    [​IMG]
    Will try Ft Flagler (near Port Townsend, WA)
    then check out Sequim and guessing that'll be a bust so on to Salt Creek and staying next to the "Big Boys" (City block RV'ers)

Try to find a Cooked Turkey or my goose is Cooked... and get set up. Good to Sunday... Weather is scheduled to be nice, c-c-c-cold but nice i.e. no RAIN... and just sit back and watch the boats go by and wave to Victoria, BC... A-hem, and making sure my phone/dongle is not set to Roaming... Yikes...

Pics to follow... hava good one...

12. michaelo

michaelo Novice

Heh Frank the high temps for the Oly Peninsula this week is forecast to be in the high 40s, the Necedah high tomorrow is 25, enjoy the relatively balmy weather.

Michael

13. fpoole

You betcha... I'll be on the beach in bathing suit, drinking Margaritas.... [​IMG]

Well, maybe not with a bathing suit... but...

It's all good, that's why them made those warming things, campfires, Canada Goose Jackets, fleece etc...
    fun...

14. michaelo

michaelo Novice

Ha Ha I mean Heh Heh, God love you Frank, keep partying for all of us, CHEERS!

Michael

15. Mick'nSarah

Sheer awesome, that jacket! Nice. I would be making up some hot Totties though!

Happy Thanksgiving!

16. fpoole

Yes, funny you should mention that Sarah, but Hmmmm... good idea... I have, however, done an
    [​IMG]

Irish Coffee Cook Out which helped warm the "Innards"...

fun...

17. AnnaSteve

AnnaSteve Novice

Irish Coffee Cook Off that looks good and like a lot of fun.

18. fpoole

Yah, it was fun... Here's the link to "The Outing"...

[​IMG]
    (and yes, hand whipped Whipped Cream)

Unfortunately, I am only good for two and then I'm toast. heheh, safety valve I suppose..

Gallery Pics here

Fun...

19. fpoole

ok, sitting here at Ft Flagler, WA and yet again, about the only one here... hmmm... I did shower before I left?

Ordered T-dinner, min was for serving of 6, so plenty left... probably turkey dinner until Christmas... Nice spot, right on the water.. about 50 ft away.. and a little chilly..don't have reading yet, but guessing low 40's dropping to mid 30's.. will hook up main laptop tomorrow and post some pics.. fairly clear skies, can see the stars so no rain forcasted last I checked... fun...

20. Mick'nSarah

Now you are camping in style..,Irish coffees definitely warm the innards. We have been breaking out the homemade limoncello lately (on my cheat days) and warming ourselves too! Good stuff! Enjoy your turkey, enjoy your turkey, enjoy your turkey (since you will have several days of it!).

Happy Thanksgiving!