Feeling Good In Very Hard Times

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by Jim 2011, Mar 17, 2011.

1. jfocallag

jfocallag Junior Ranger Donating Member

I am glad to hear that I am not the only one who is whiling away the long wait with shopping therapy. I have until July and I am trying to pace myself.

2. Ladymc

Ladymc Novice

Congratulations on a very wise decision ya'll (short for Jim & Mary Anne)! Even though we drooled and waited for almost 2 yrs to get ours, when we got in it we found things we didn't know exist - and discovered even better quality than we thought it had. You'll never be sorry about this purchase I'm sure! Enjoy and we'll see ya down the road someday!

3. Jim 2011

Jim 2011 Novice

Thanks to all who welcomed us into the "club" we are indeed waiting impatiently for the August/September delivery of our 560 Ultra. We believe we will name her "Nepenthe" the Greek drug mentioned in Homer's Odyssey for curing all sorrow. It is also the name of one of our favorite must-stop "watering holes" in Big Sur (California). Or at least it used to be, haven't been up that way in a couple of years. Anyway, thank you again, I am learning a lot from all of you and this forum is a treasure chest for all.

4. Ahoy Mates!

Ahoy Mates! Novice

leo,
    In the early '70s I taught shop in junior and high school and have always enjoyed wood working...just for fun.
    Our pick up date is May 11 with 1st night at Devil's LAKE, WI. Just a couple hours from the "nest"

Dave

5. Lh303

Lh303 Novice

Dave,
    By now I am sure that you have spent some time in the new 560. We picked up our 550 on the 2nd of May and camped on the way back to New Mexico. We were very fortunate with the weather, not a drop of rain in either direction and we were looking forward to some since we have forgotten what rain feels like in the Southwest.

In the 30 or so days of ownership we have camped out in our 550 for 10 nights that's about 30% of the time, and while we would like to continue at that pace I am sure that life will get in the way sooner or later (read chores around the house). We have been blown away by the quality and care that has gone into the manufacturing process. It has been really refreshing to be able to buy an American made product that exceeded my expectations. Have fun in your travels, I know we are.