Fantastic Fan Fantastic Fan 7350 Upgrade Kit

Discussion in 'Camp-Inn Options & Accessories' started by Randy, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Randy

Randy Ranger Donating Member

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
  2. rotus8

rotus8 Ranger Donating Member

Note that the fan in Camp Inn trailers is not standard, Camp Inn orders a custom version with slower speeds because of the small volume of the trailer. A standard fan may be too powerful.

3. Randy

Interesting, I know that with the upgrade there are more speed choices. Some of the other forums talk about slower speeds but to your point, it may not be helpful if CampInn has a custom fan that already has a slower speed.

4. rotus8

rotus8 Ranger Donating Member

Give Cary a call and let us know what he thinks.

5. Larry Running

Larry Running Junior Ranger Donating Member

I wonder why anyone would need a remote. Just reach up and adjust it.

6. Randy

Ha ha, that's too much work! :)

The big advantage that everyone talks about is the availability of slower speeds/lower amp draw. Here is a pic of the remote:

[​IMG]

7. Van_and_Terri

Van_and_Terri Ranger

We had this fan in another Camper, and I must admit it was nice. Maybe a remote would be nice in a 560 if you were reading on the sofa. Not sure if you would need one in a 550.

8. adrianneross

adrianneross Junior Ranger Donating Member

If you want to slow down your fan - here is a link to some information via the Little Guy forum - click on the link for an instruction sheet. I called Fantastic Vent and they sent me this same .pdf. Requires a bit of electrical work, but nothing too complicated. Requires a wire stripper/cutter, resistor(s) and a couple wire butt connectors. This mod brings the fan speed down a notch. Tim has a little jump wire with alligator clips if he wants to bring the fan back to the original speeds.

Fantastic Fan - Slowing it down!

Note: Tim used one 8-ohm resistor (rather than two 4-ohm) - he cautions than an 8-ohm resistor generates more heat than a 4-ohm but we haven't had any issues (melting plastic). He just turned off the vent fan before he cut the wire, but you might want to turn off the electricity at the battery.