Electric Space Heater

Discussion in 'Other Gear & Equipment' started by Tour 931, Oct 31, 2018.

1. rotus8

rotus8 Ranger Donating Member

A propane heater produces water as a combustion byproduct, but the Camp Inn heater vents it to the outside (along with carbon dioxide and monoxide, and other badstuff). The heat delivered to the inside is recirculated cabin air just warmed up. Adding heat to air reduces the relative humidity. In this, an electric heater and this propane heater are the same.

2. SethB

SethB Ranger

As well, increased humidity can be a problem, particularly in cold/wet/snowy weather.

It’s coming off your wet clothing, perspiration, and your breath. In a very small space. Humid air being denser, it tends to settle down, and people who’ve had problems seem to find them under the mattress.

Froli and Hypervent are a couple of spacer systems for under the mattress if humidity turns out to be a problem.

There have been threads on Froli. Here’s some:
    Froli® Sleep Systems - circulation
    http://campinnforum.com/community/threads/15-off-promo-code-for-the-froli-sleep-system.4903/

Hypervent:
    Hypervent?

janem likes this.
  3. Lipster

Lipster Junior Ranger

4. Lipster

Lipster Junior Ranger

I pro-actively bought Den-Dry to put under our mattress. It is much like Hypervent. Got it on Amazon.
    About a hundred bucks.

SethB likes this.
  5. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

You are correct that burning propane produces a lot of water as a byproduct. The same is true with natural gas. The solution is to vent the water to the outside which is done in my trailer and my home furnace.