Don't Have A Furnace... ?? For Staying Warm

Discussion in 'Other Gear & Equipment' started by Biggie, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Oysterpot

Oysterpot Moderator Staff Member

I appologize that the photo doesn't include a CI, but cooking in "weather" falls under that "matter" saying.

8 inches of snow over nite. We had a DOG over this week end, and we cooked in frozen rain, that was blowing.

So for all of us suffering from the 100+ temps
    just visit this pic and cool off.

[​IMG]

2. Jenn: Thank you for your response. I am guessing that owners of TDs have made a decision at some point in the process that they simply prefer to be more connected to the outdoors. Otherwise, we could all be sitting in larger TTs, Motorhomes, etc - designed to protect us (and exclude us to some extent) from Mother Nature.

George: Brrrrrr!!!

3. Oysterpot

Oysterpot Moderator Staff Member

Looks like Michigan doesn't it. It is in middle TN.
    Although I am originally from Michigan. Niles/ Battle Creek.

4. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

for winter cooking...

I use the stove of course, but the propane fire pits saved our bacon when we unexpectedly camped where there was still snow. it kept it reasonable, heat rose to canopy and stayed there, no wind it was fine...

[​IMG][/URL]

If I were camping in the winter time, I'd get, and I will when I get my 16x16 canopy, the side walls, 3 of them one with a zipper opening and clear halfway down. with the fire pit going you could probably walk around in an T-shirt..

that and a little "Schnapps" should do it...
    fun.. I like winter camping, no BKTs.. ;-))

ps. only really problem is the propane tank freezing up.. will be trying those chem-heat pack duct tapped around it and underneath. They do have a pipe heater, but requires power..

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  5. slumry

slumry Novice

Frank, I enjoyed your Entiat pictures. How do you avoid the BKT's in July? I really like your glassware and have asked by spouse for a set for Xmas, somehow, I don't think I will be getting them. Keep on camping.

6. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

Jenn:
    heheh... nothing that fancy, just a Pretzel light on my red knit dive cap... I keep forgetting I have it on and does get in the way. On longer "Timed" shots, it's that streak in the photos...

Stephen:
    Glassware, LOL, assuming the blenders etc.. Yes, Sadly I'm what I call a "USAM" (Unsupervised Single Adult? Male) just having fun..
    Getting too old to worry about the fun stuff...