Custom knife rack

Discussion in 'Custom Additions' started by mcjimjam, Mar 19, 2010.

1. mcjimjam

mcjimjam Junior Ranger Donating Member

A bit more challenging than the tissue box, but it works well. Will try it out this weekend!

[​IMG]

2. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

Jim,

Very nice! I like it! :)

3. Ladymc

Ladymc Novice

Oh to have those skills (in my husband!)

4. Kent Kanipe

Kent Kanipe Novice

Jim, when you go into production let me know. Very cool indeed!

Kent

5. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

Are those knives from the place whose name we do not mention?

6. Cary Winch

Cary Winch Camp-Inn Staff

Jim,

That really is pretty cool. Nice work.

Cary

7. mcjimjam

Probably so! They came with a nice set of pots we just bought for our kitchen. Sometimes we have to compromise!!

8. Ladymc

Ladymc Novice

I'm assuming you all are talking about WalMart. It's a great organization that offers many people that would be otherwise unemployable, a job. Many from my church work there and have retirement benefits and love their jobs. If you're not talking about WalMart I apologize.

9. Evan

Yes, talking about Walmart - but only joking. Some people on other forums will start a flame war if you mention the name. :)

Acually, I should ammend that name to "the place whose name we do not mention, but go to every chance we get. HAHA!

...does take a long time to type all that though...

10. Steve & Ellen

Steve & Ellen Novice

Linda, I echo your sentiments about Wal-Mart. I remember when W-M first came to our small town. Among all the complaints, I stated I can now get Duct Tape at 8:30 on a Saturday night. Every other store used to close at 3:00 PM on Saturday. W-M closed at 9:00. The new store is 24 hours. I do understand the downsides. But the small family stores still exist. There is a place for them. Steve

11. Evan

I received my knife block from Jim this week and installed it last night. I'm very happy with how it all came together. Because of our custom galley speakers, we didn't have room for the 4-knife rack that Jim made for himself - we could only fit 3. We choose the 7.5" Chef, 7.5" Bread and 3" Paring knife, all purchased from Wal-Mart. The knives go great with the Camp-Inn trailer.

It seems to be such a great solution for the knife rack problem, that I'm posting photos of the rack before and after it was installed - and a big thank you to Jim!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. mcjimjam

Thanks for the pictures, Evan! I didn't get to see the finished results before we shipped it to you. Looks good, glad it worked out!

13. Kent Kanipe

Kent Kanipe Novice

Evan, very nice!

Kent

14. Kent Kanipe

Kent Kanipe Novice

OK, we just received our 3 knife block from Jim.....
    A very handy addition indeed! Top quality workmanship.

Kent

15. Evan

Kent - did you get the same three knives from Wal-Mart?