Cumberland Gap Nat Historic Site

Discussion in 'Trip Planning' started by Warren Mary Ellen, Mar 23, 2022.

1. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

I absolutely love music too. In my past, I have played organ, accordion, trumpet, and clarinet...not really good at any of them, but music is a beautiful thing. However, as you can expect based on that list my taste is...eclectic and I don't expect you to like what I listen too. But at the same time, don't make me listen to what you like. Its a campground, not a concert hall.

The "you do you" mentality forgets I impact you...thats the problem.

As long as the rules are reasonable, I don't have a problem with enforcement -- rules are rules for a reason, if you don't like the rules - camp somewhere else. The only rules I don't like are ones that are nonsensical "NO Alcohol" --- excuse me?

A glass of wine or even several isn't a problem unless the person imbibing gets loud. Correlation is not causation.

The rule should address the behavior, not something that possibly leads to the behavior. If you can't hold your behavior in check...Thats on you when you get kicked out...

Warren Mary Ellen, Mark & Mel and M&L like this.
  2. SethB

SethB Ranger

My current instrument is baritone ukulele, a perfect size for camp!

It’s also not very loud :)

Warren Mary Ellen and M&L like this.
  3. M&L

M&L Ranger

I'm a clarinet and saxophone guy, but I don't go around blasting woodwinds at camp. I do have a banjo mountain dulcimer that is absolutely perfect for camping, though! On our recent camping trip to Arizona, I almost got kidnapped by a pack of hippie folk musicians when they heard that sweet banjo sound...

4. [
    Now live musc around the group I don't mind at all. We've had that at several places over the years. At Trap Pond State Park in Delaware there is impromptu concert each weekend by whomever shows up. I know Mt Pisgah on the Blue Ridge Parkway is a place we heard a really good Bluegrass concert just sitting in our site.

Van_and_Terri likes this.
  5. Van_and_Terri

Van_and_Terri Ranger

I was invited to a bluegrass event at someone’s garage only to find out that that the dobro player was Josh Graves who played with Flatt and Scruggs with the Foggy Mountain Boys.

Kevin, dustinp, SethB and 2 others like this.
  6. M&L

M&L Ranger

Wow! That's awesome!!!