Collapsible Dishes

Discussion in 'Other Gear & Equipment' started by Betsey, Feb 13, 2010.

1. Ladymc

Ladymc Novice

Pat - I'm not a minimalist at all, but I enjoy gadgets and new things...I'm sure I don't save time OR money, but I'm having fun in my old age and isn't that what it's all about? My problem is I'm interested in cooking so many different ways - DO's over an open campfire is so fun, yet very time consuming - but if you have a big gathering all you do is sit around and visit and cook and that's when I like to do that. But if I'm traveling and want to eat good, but get through quickly, I use my electric stuff, like my Redi-Set-Go that bakes from top and bottom and I can have biscuits in 10 mins. or use it to make grilled cheese sandwiches without getting out a big electric skillet. (I hate grilled cheese in an iron skillet on the propane stove - they never turn out right.) So I'm a Gadget Girl...

2. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

Linda,
    guess what - I like to eat but I am not too big on cooking. I will have to take a look at the Redi-Set_Go. We mostly just cook on an open fire.

3. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

I have yet to sit around at a big gathering... :D :D :D

:cool:

4. Ladymc

Ladymc Novice

Betsey,
    That's cause I'm talking family reunion and you're talking Camp Inn gathering that you organize- those days are over for me- thankfully! I enjoy cooking but everybody has to pitch in on the big get togethers.

5. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

Actually, I haven't sat around at any big gathering I've been to. Well, there was that short time with Lena & Evan at IRG3. :D

:cool:

6. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

Yes, Betsey - as I remember, the moment after Craig sat down and put his feet up, our 560 recognized it's master and started hollering for attention. :)

7. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

Betsy,
    the progressive pieces worked great and they sure store nicely.
    we had room to spare in our storage bins.