Fridge / Cooler Coleman Cooler

Discussion in 'Camp-Inn Options & Accessories' started by Margaret and Ed, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Is anyone using the Coleman cooler sold by Costco. The dimensions online are 24.25 x16.75x16.75. Looking at the diagram for the space allowed it looks like it might be too big but it appears to be the same one Camp inn sells. We want to get it at Costco so we can return it in case we have a problem with it.

2. dhutchin

dhutchin Novice

I see that you didn't get a answer. I have the same questions. I thought the 54 qt Coleman fit in the galley spot where the stove slides out. That dimension is about 24 inches wide, but the Coleman coolers list a dimension of 25.6inches.

The yeti 35 will fit in the slot but $300.00 for a cooler....

3. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

The spot for the cooler measures about 24.25"W X 15.5"D X 18"H.

The Coleman 54qt. just makes it width-wise, so roughly 24.375" X 16"D X 16.25"H. I didn't find any dimensions listed on the Coleman site. I see a variety of dimensions for that cooler on different sites, ie Walmart, Amazon, REI. But the dimensions I gave are the actual measurements taken by me today ;)

The Yeti Tundra35 shows as: 21"W X 16"D X 15.5"H on their website. And it doesn't hold 35qts. - it lists it at 28.8qts.

Yeti has a great reputation for being an excellent, well-insulated product. For the camping we do, the Coleman does the job. If we were to be on an extended trip, away from a source for replenishing the ice, the Yeti would probably be the way to go.

4. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

YETI 35 fits with about 2-3 inches on the side left... There's another thread on the Coolers/YETI with the dimensions, but it sits in there fine.

I'd just get it and if not at Costco, tell them what you want to do, try it out and bring it back... should be ok.

5. GTXgreg

GTXgreg Newbie

I've have that Coleman cooler from Costco, so when we got our trailer I figured we were good to go. Unfortunately the Coleman from Costco is about a 1/2 inch too wide at the handles. Evidently there is some variations in their 54qt. models

6. Cary Winch

Cary Winch Camp-Inn Staff

Greg,

The coolers vary from batch to batch. You need to flatten the bends in the handles a bit to make it fit on ones that are too wide.

Cary

7. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

That's easy enough.

8. dhutchin

dhutchin Novice

OK, thanks for the info. Is the extra $50 for the silver sided cooler for style or are there red and green coolers less efficient somehow?

9. I am looking at ordering the Costco one too. Current,y it shows the model with flat handles. Was the handle depth the issue for you?

10. dhutchin

dhutchin Novice

I never tried a coleman. I was going with the specs/dimensions that I found online at Amazon or somewhere. First time ever, the internet was wrong.

11. Sorry - I think someone else said they had bought a Costco one- I haven't quite figured out how to post a question properly !

12. Cary Winch

Cary Winch Camp-Inn Staff

Over the years Coleman has done the handle a number of different ways. They used to be flat, hence the picture you see. But the bent handle is a improvement that they now do. Normally the bent handle will fit fine in the Camp-Inn galley. But, sometimes the bend is a sharper angle in some batches of coolers we receive. Seems to be random. Then we need to bend them with a slight bit less angle to make them fit. So, this is something to watch for when purchasing a Coleman not from us, you might need to address the handle tweaking on your own.

The red, green and stainless all perform the same. It is mostly a cosmetic preference. We sell more stainless, it is just so nice. However, now with our new cooler cozy we are seeing more red and green (mostly green) being sold because it doesn't seem to matter as much what color it is inside the cooler cozy. The cozy really does make the Coleman cooler work in the galley so much nicer.

Cary

13. dhutchin

dhutchin Novice

Thanks for all the help. I got a Coleman 54 and it fits perfectly. Maybe the dimensions given online are dimensions with handles in full upright locked position.

So, every things cool.