Fridge / Cooler Coleman Cooler Latch

Discussion in 'Camp-Inn Options & Accessories' started by pat walsh, Apr 22, 2014.

1. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

Got our Coleman Cooler out to put in the Galley now that we moved the Dometic and found that the Latch does not work at all. So have been searching on line for a new Latch but it seems they are all "out of stock". Does anyone know where to find them or anyone have a work around?

2. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Our Coleman latch has never held the cover closed very tightly, but it DOES keep it shut. Does yours not work at all, or is it kind of loose like ours?
    I contacted Coleman, and they sent me new hinges, which I didn't think would fix the problem - and they did not.

3. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

Ken our does not latch at all. I took it apart to see if I could tell what was broken but could not see any thing obvious. There is a metal clip so maybe it is sprung bat it does not look like it. It used to be just kind of loose like you described don't remember doing anything that would have damaged it.

4. Ken & Peggy

I'd give Coleman a call. They'll probably send you replacement parts gratis. Looks like all that'd be involved would be a screwdriver to replace parts.

5. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

Ken thanks yes I suppose you are right I should call them. Thanks

6. Pick

Pick Novice

Are there a lot of latch problems with the Colemans? I have ordered the the stainless steel one just because it is such a great match for the CI but I know it is not the most efficient cooler. Going through the equipment posts on the forum I couldn't find which high end cooler fit in the galley space of a 560. Yeti or Engle or other brand ? I do have the dometic fridge but plan on leaving that in the tv. Thanks for any input.
    MDP
    Mike&Denita

7. JoeB-NW

JoeB-NW Novice

Pat, There is a sporting goods store a few miles from me that sells all of the parts for all of the coleman coolers. It is quite the drive for you, but you can camp in my backyard while your here. If coleman can't help we can make something work.

Joe B.

P.S. Might try their online store.

http://www.yeagerssportinggoods.com/

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  8. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

the yeti 35 fits. But we like the look of the Coleman and it has more interior space so would like to fix ours.

9. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

Joe thanks - I sent them an email to see if they have one.

10. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

Ken,
    you were right "call coleman" they are sending me a new latch no charge. so should have it in a week or so.
    thanks sometimes the simple solution evades me.

11. Ken & Peggy

Excellent! I hope it solves the problem.

12. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

I thought Coleman was sending the latch piece but today a big box came with a full lid so we are good to go. Way to go Coleman. Ken thanks for your suggestion.

13. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

Re: Coleman Cooler Lid

So got the new lid with new latch on works fine. So now I have an extra lid . So if anyone has a damaged lid and a good latch let me know - it's yours for postage.

14. Ken & Peggy

WOW! That had to be a suprise. Glad it's fixed - and for free :)