Bruce & Kathy Long Haul #1

Discussion in 'Long Haul' started by kakgreen, Aug 11, 2011.

1. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

I think I need to work on some "OC" behavior next trip. When we got home we laid out our tattered maps and tried to hightlight all the roads we took and it really was like reliving it - so next time I think I will try the notebook as I could not work the ipod too good on some of the bumpy roads. Or I also have been thinking of taking the tiny voice recorder that I have then I could type it up after I get home.

2. kakgreen

kakgreen Newbie

I take along a voice recorder too, but he doesn't listen very well! :D

3. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

4. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

Kathy,
    I get it! mine listens and does not talk back or fall asleep.

5. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

Our voice recorder is 6 and repeats convertations back verbatim weeks later at embarassing moments... Lately our voice recorder learned how to read so spelling words out as code doesn't work either. :)

6. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

Ha ha! I can hardly wait for the spelling thing! Right now our recorder is still on parrot/repeat, and I agree...it always pipes up at just the right/wrong time. It all goes down hill with spelling and reading. Pig Latin? Has she worked that out yet? ;)

7. Oysterpot

Oysterpot Moderator Staff Member

Isn't a "voice recorder" a Kazoo?

8. kakgreen

kakgreen Newbie

I didn't mean to confuse anyone with the 'voice recorder' comment. I just have expectations that Bruce will remember everything I say to him. His self-regulating selective hearing guarantees that will not be the case :)

Thanks to those of you with junior 'voice recorders'; the comments brought back many memories from my own children's comments as well as many from my years teaching, with spin in some outlandish directions. I remember numerous conversations where the consensus was "we won't believe everything we hear at school if you won't believe everything you hear at home!"