Unresolved Browser Specific Issues?

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Jay & Valerie, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Jay & Valerie

Jay & Valerie Ranger Donating Member

Hey Evan,

Not sure if there are any browser compatibility issues or not. I have seen some odd things with both Msft Edge and Mozilla Firefox.

If I try using Firefox, I get a connection reset issue. If I try to use the Donate button with Edge, it doesn't seem to do anything.

I will see if I can better replicate/test the issues to get more info.

Regards,
    Jay

2. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

Jay,

I have been getting the same connection reset errors on both Firefox (PC) and Safari (iPhone).

This may be a hosting issue. However, I found that a refresh causes the erring page to load.

It may be time to explore options for a new host.

3. Jay & Valerie

OK. The Donate button did work today in the edge browser. Not sure why it would not work yesterday.

4. Jay & Valerie

So, I am definitely seeing odd behavior with the Edge browser. Sometimes I have to hit a button multiple times before it works.

For example, when trying to respond to a post or start a new thread, I have to hit the post button 2 or 3 times before it will successfully post.

When I add a photo via drag/drop, I have to perform the action multiple times before the photo attaches. I will continue testing to see if this is across multiple browsers or just edge. I will also see if this is something specific on my PC or on multiple PCs.

5. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

Thanks for checking this out, Jay.

6. Jay & Valerie

So, after using Firefox for a couple of days, have not noticed the issue. Therefore, this really seems like a IE/Msft Edge browser issue. It's almost as though the browser is timing out or something as it seems like you just have to catch the click and response at the right time for it to process the request.