bean free-form fender table

Discussion in 'Custom Additions' started by adrianneross, Aug 29, 2014.

1. adrianneross

adrianneross Junior Ranger Donating Member

Tim really, really wants to make a bean table coffee and end table set for our living room. I think we'd be better off with something more "traditional" aka "boring." So Tim made a little bean table for our camper.

He made a cardboard pattern first - it's approximately 12" X 24" - any longer and it looked weird, any wider and he was afraid I would knock it off the fender. He used some pieced redwood decking he had lying around. It was cut on his band saw and then sanded to shape. He made the legs just long enough to make the table level - it sits on the fender. We like it with the curvy bean-side towards the camper - even though there's a big hole in the middle, it holds my shoe box, no problem. I think it turned out really nice.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 1Door

1Door Novice

I think it turned out really nice too!!

3. adrianneross

Thanks! Tim loves doing little projects in the shop. He's got some big woodworking projects (like that living room set) so it seems like he's always looking for something (else) to do.

4. mcjimjam

mcjimjam Junior Ranger Donating Member

Very nice! We love our fender shelves too, but ours are along the more traditional line, rectangular and boring! They are SO useful though. I am surprised that more of us aren't using them.

Jamie

5. adrianneross

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the inspiration!

Tim actually made another rectangular set from the same redwood planking - it's not as wide but longer (7 1/2" X 28") with the same differential legs that you have. I can't wait to use them on our next outing - I think they're going to be super handy.

6. Hi Tim, I love it! Can you make me one?? It will hold my morning coffee. How much would it be?
    Denise

7. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  8. birder526

birder526 Novice

Wow! The new ideas never end! I never would have thought of 'fender tables'! Clever idea! This one is really beautiful.

Best,
    Diane

9. David Olson

David Olson Novice

Now you upped the the design threshold. Look forward to seeing them.