Isolator Battery Isolator

Discussion in 'Camp-Inn Options & Accessories' started by jimmymack, Aug 20, 2013.

1. jimmymack

jimmymack Newbie

I was curious as to how many (if any) of you have opted to go without the battery isolator?

2. nwhiker

nwhiker Novice

I don't have it and have not missed it. Just unplug from the tow vehicle if stopped over nite or camping to not draw down your tow vehicle battery and same the money for something else. Dave

3. Bazza2154

Bazza2154 Novice

Agree same here it's personal choice and yes you can forget to unplug

4. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

I have it and have never thought about it since I bought it. I think that means it was a good investment.

PrairieVikings likes this.
  5. Maureen

Maureen Newbie

We ordered the battery isolator with the trailer and are glad we did. It's just one less thing to think about.

6. AnnaSteve

AnnaSteve Novice

We also have the battery isolator and we don't have to think about unplugging the Camp Inn. Its one of those things that is better to have and not need than need and not have.

7. I don't see a need for it. It's your personal use of the trailer and how you think. If you use a lot of electricity and are prone to forgetting then maybe you need it. Sometimes we leave the trailer plugged in on purpose and it has not been a problem.

8. jimmymack

jimmymack Newbie

Interesting, an even split of those who replied. Somehow I expected that most people bought the isolator. I guess Cary probably has the figures on that.

9. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

I have and no idea what it's for, but for peace of mind so I don't end up mistakenly draining the car battery.

Typically it's only connected while driving, so it's charging. I've only once slept overnight with everything fully connected.