Another Canadian On-board

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by Josh Campbell, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Josh Campbell

Josh Campbell Newbie

After snooping around as a guest for the last while, I thought I would join the forum and say "hello".

Hello!

My wife and I are amongst the last hold-outs of our camping friends in that we still sleep in a tent amongst their big trailers. I don't quite get the big-trailer life - big money tied up in poorly-made trailers, that need to be towed by large vehicles. Add to that, most of us are teachers and camp in the summer, so nobody actually spends time in the big trailers - they set up outdoor kitchens and live outside.

All of that said, somewhere between my sailing background, and my aging back, has led me to believe that comfort can be had in small spaces. It didn't take long to discover teardrops, and specifically, the robust and beautiful CampInn. It seems to check all the right boxes, and now we're looking to acquire one .... in due time.

There aren't many owners in my area, but if anybody is passing through Vancouver on their summer travels, shoot me a message as I would love to see one in person and hear your stories.

Thanks for all the great info so far!

Josh

JeremyB likes this.
  2. Jay & Valerie

Jay & Valerie Ranger Donating Member

Welcome. Yes, teardrops offer a perfect blend of creature comforts with the ability to be close to nature.

3. JeremyB

JeremyB Junior Ranger Donating Member

Welcome to the site! A hard sided tent with a built in kitchen (galley) is perfect for enjoying the great outdoors.

One thing to take into consideration as you move toward a Camp Inn purchase: Used trailers sell very quickly so be prepared to act quickly if one comes up with the model, options, and accessories you are looking for. Additionally, when purchasing new there is typically a 6 month wait for a trailer to be built so plan accordingly against the best camping weather in your area.

As you research Camp Inn let the forum know if you have any specific questions...in my research I found the search feature on the forums as a great place to mine for information.

4. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

Welcome, Josh. You came to the right place. :)

5. A rolling tent with a galley so you can many places those big rigs cannot. We are both teachers with a lot of time on our hands and we both love gpbeing outdoors.