Alternative Water Fill

Discussion in 'Other Gear & Equipment' started by dvoisinet1615, May 12, 2023.

1. dvoisinet1615

dvoisinet1615 Novice

It’s always a pain for me to fill the 8 gallon water tank so I decided to try and fill it from the bottom using a female x female hose adapter and a shutoff valve. I was able to fill the tank in around a minute with little spillage. It worked like a charm.

View attachment upload_2023-5-12_13-45-19.png

2. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

That's a good idea .

I got this idea from the guys at CampInn years ago...

Anything is a huge improvement over trying to fill that tank with a plain old hose!

Last edited: May 12, 2023
    Kevin likes this.
  3. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Sounds like a ...fleet. :)

4. This is interesting. Do you thread this on to the fill spout? How do you deal with the retaining chain on the removable cap? Or did you remove the chain?

I’ve been using one of these Camco RV water tank filler adapters paired with an RV water filter. Cuts down on the spillage but it still requires manual holding. The hose is too heavy to be left hanging.

Camco RV Water Tank Filler with Shutoff Valve | Quickly and Efficiently Helps Fill Your Water Tank and Eliminate Line Backflow | Features a 5/8" Tube (40003) https://a.co/d/cJIUpfJ

Camco TastePURE Camper/RV Water Filter & Hose Protector | Inline Water Filter Reduces Bad Taste, Odor, Chlorine & Sediment | Ideal for RVs, Campers, Travel Trailers, Boats | Made in the USA | (40043) https://a.co/d/6DpAH4l

5. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Yep, it screws right into the spout. I've removed the chain.

6. SethB

SethB Ranger

We’ve been using the same filler from the start of our CI adventure… but mostly in our driveway! With our camco hose on full blast it’s a matter of a few minutes.

We’re fortunate with very good water in almost all of the USFS campgrounds we hit in the NW, which has been almost all of our camping. No need for filtering. On the other hand, in one of the best locations the water system was failing and was not being fixed/maintained.

It’s in the plan to add water filtering when we’re free for longer trips out of our regular routes…

7. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

That's really clever :) I'm thinking about tapping in a hot/cold water spigot in the garage for washing with soft water. Something like this might make sense if I am a "somewhat dedicated" water supply. Right now, I'm crawling behind a rose bush....holding the hose is the least of my worries :)

I've thought about using the quick connect hose, then running a plastic tube from the "shower" connector into the fill --- but to be honest, it takes so little time to fill the tanks I'm not sure its worth the effort.

8. Randy

Randy Ranger Donating Member

Sharing my fill method using a ball siphon hose.

dustinp, Kevin and rmbrowder like this.
  9. Steve Sanford

Steve Sanford Novice

I use the same method except I usually put the container on the back counter next to the sink. It is much easier than using a funnel.

Kevin and Randy like this.