Update 560 #691 Has A New Home!

Discussion in 'Announcements & Build Journals' started by SLO Camper, May 29, 2022.

1. SLO Camper

SLO Camper Junior Ranger

560 # 691 has landed at its new home! For various reasons this transaction took four months but we finally took delivery. We bought this without ever having seen a CampInn trailer and we were not disappointed. Like most nerds, I had done months of research and read most of the posts on this forum. As an engineer, I can really appreciate the high level of design and refinement in these trailers. The execution is also first-rate. The fit and finish are really amazing. Special thanks to Mechele and Russ, they could not have been better to work with and they kept this eight-year-old trailer looking literally brand new. Also, thanks to Carey who answered way too many of my dumb questions over the last four months. Now to get it out camping!

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 30, 2022
    Jim Carter, Randy, Tour 931 and 10 others like this.
  2. JohnC

JohnC Ranger

Congrats!

3. dustinp

dustinp Ranger Donating Member

Congratulations. It looks like you found a beautifully cared for 560!
    Enjoy!!

4. Congratulations!

5. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Woohoo!

How many nights now? Take your time figuring out what you need to take, its very easy to find you take things you really don't use or need. The famous "tape trick" --- put a piece of tape on everything...remove the tape when you use it. 6 months you can probably safely remove everything that still has tape as evidecne of non-use.

Hard to say for sure, it may be just be...afterall, its just a photo. But it looks like you could use more drop on the draw bar --- it looks like you are a little nose high. This does make draining the grey tank easier however :D

campdude likes this.
  6. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

Welcome to the family.

7. campdude

campdude Ranger

Ed and Pam,

You'll have a great time in that.

8. SLO Camper

SLO Camper Junior Ranger

Good eye, Sweeney. That was the drawbar that I had. I've already ordered one with 2" more drop.

Sweeney likes this.
  9. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

I've often wondered how much difference it really makes +/- 2 doesn't seem like much, mine is probably a little tongue low...

I can tell you my normal grey tank dumping procedure doesn't work --- I often get home and find quite a bit left waiting to hit the garage floor...

10. SLO Camper

SLO Camper Junior Ranger

I'm a land surveyor so I kinda have to have things level and plumb or I start twitching. That 2" is going to do a lot for my psyche. :)

M&L, Sweeney and Jenn like this.
  11. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

I"m worse than that! I'm OCD with 12 years of Catholic School from Nuns who taught us to write using rulers as guides...and encouragement :D

I think mine sits 2 inches low...but I've got a collection of draw bars that just keeps growing....I"m not sure I can take adding another until I buy a dedicated camping-tow vehicle....which at the rate we are traveling, I"m considering...

12. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

Put your trailer ball on a scale and raise and lower it. You will find it can change the tongue weight up to 40 pounds from two inches height to two inches low.

On a side note opening one door all the way can add two pounds to the tongue.

Kevin S likes this.
  13. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

That makes sense....I''d expect some difference just becuse your COG is changing...but I wouldn't have expected that much...interesting

14. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Archimedes was right :)

Tour 931 likes this.
  15. campdude

campdude Ranger

Sweeny,

I am a bit confused......maybe I am slow ......COG?
    * Creepy Old Guy
    * Cost of Goods
    * Clusters of Orthologous Groups
    * Condado, Colombia (Airport Code)
    * Caught Off Guard

I would've thought that the weight balance may have changed , front to back, and the centered mass may be off balance...but heck what do I know :)

Jenn likes this.
  16. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

I ....I don't think Creapy is the world I was thinking of to descrtibe be....Curmudgeony old Guy maybe.

My acronym is probably meningful to a select few...Center of Gravity is what I was going for :D How the weight moves fore and aft based on where weight is put over the axle.

1 lb over the axle makes no change in the COG. Put that same 1lb on the propane tank, the tongue weight goes higher, put it in the galley behind the wheels, and the tongue will get lighter. Weight of the trailer will still only increase by 1 lb though. Just changes the downward force...

17. campdude

campdude Ranger

Kevin S likes this.
  18. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Ya know, I've read through that book a couple times ---and I've never noticed this :)

I think 'Duh!' or 'D'oh!" sums it up!

Kevin S likes this.
  19. Kevin S

Kevin S Ranger

Good tip!