Itinerary 4th Annual Redwood Rendezvous, Norcal

Discussion in 'Gatherings' started by deb Pontius, Jan 13, 2024.

1. deb Pontius

deb Pontius Newbie

4th Annual Redwood Rendezvous registration is open! This year's event will take place Thursday, August 22 through Tuesday, August 27 at Pamplin Grove n Northern California. Please note, this is a change from September to August due to date availability. Due to dramatic pricing increases by the Humboldt County Parks department, we will be charging $150/trailer regardless of # of occupants. We also need to reach 40 registrations in order to break even, so please help get the word out!
    This event takes place at a group site/county park close to Carlotta, CA. This northern California, about 30 minutes south of Eureka. It is a gorgeous, ethereal place that must be seen to be appreciated. There is no other camping like camping deep in the tall trees.
    We welcome all single-axle trailers and will be having lots of fun, including happy hour, pot lucks, an art class, cooking demonstration, bird watching, corn hole tournament, and more! Feel free to DM me as well. Registrations are fully refundable up to 90 days prior to the event, and 50% refundable up to 60 days prior to the event. Feel free to DM deb pontius with any questions. To register: https://www.tangledyogi.com/special-events

Kevin S and Sweeney like this.
  2. Kevin S

Kevin S Ranger

Thank you. Looks like fun!

3. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

I've talked to people who have been there in past years, and it sounds like one of the 'good ones' --- Just a shame there's a continent between me and it -- or I'd love to go. I've also never been to the PNW, this would be a great excuse to remove that deficiency :D

Jenn likes this.
  4. Kevin S

Kevin S Ranger

deb Pontius likes this.
  5. Kevin S

Kevin S Ranger

You'll have to hang a left out of Santa Monica Pier at the end of your Rte66 trip to take the long way back...
    Hwy 1 to Big Sur and beyond is not to be missed, then 101 to Eureka. Bucket list trip.

Check out Pfeiffer if you are looking for "special".

dustinp likes this.
  6. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

I think I'm going to need a bigger boat :) Or a winning lottery ticket. This trip is getting longer and longer. I found a cousin I didn't know about who lives outside of Reno...

deb Pontius, Kevin S and dustinp like this.
  7. Jon Marks

Jon Marks Newbie

This is such a FUN event! Can't wait to see all our fellow travelers and meet some new friends. Bring your iron for some serious cooking! The pot lucks are the best around, and wow those trees are big.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

deb Pontius and Kevin S like this.
  8. Jon Marks

Jon Marks Newbie

A few of us are traveling from the Reno area if you want to caravan. Just sayin'....

9. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Actually, I'd like too -- But the trip I'm looking, if it happens at all, will be mostly unplanned and in the spring, by August when this gathering is occurring I don't know where I'll be.

This is going to be a difficult camping year I suspect, I may only get about half of what I normally do.

10. Jenn

Jenn Ranger

This gathering is the MOST wonderful. Beautiful. Magical event. Worth the cost and effort to get there.

11. deb Pontius

deb Pontius Newbie

Just a few photos from previous events. Hope you will join us! Last year we even had a vow renewal with Dean and Joanie Hubbard. You may know them from Cast Iron Cooking youtube channel!

Attached Files:

Van_and_Terri likes this.
  12. deb Pontius

deb Pontius Newbie

Dean Hubbard of Outdoor Cast Iron Cooking channel has a nice video of the gathering.

13. SethB

SethB Ranger

We have signed up - hope to see some of y’all there!

14. deb Pontius

deb Pontius Newbie

Wonderful! You will definitely see me and my husband there!

SethB likes this.
  15. SethB

SethB Ranger

Redwoods. Swimming. Hiking. Camping. Good company. The beautiful Northern California coast. :)

Kevin S likes this.
  16. deb Pontius

deb Pontius Newbie

You forgot eating, but otherwise, that's the plan!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2024
    Kevin S and SethB like this.
  17. deb Pontius

deb Pontius Newbie

Just a reminder to new folks here. This is an amazing gathering in an amazing place! Consider coming and joining us.

Laura R and Kevin S like this.
  18. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Any chance you can move it some place closer :D --- I'e been following it for years, and it looks like an absolutely fantastic group of people!

19. Jenn

Jenn Ranger

I do hope you can get there some day. It is a long trip from where you are. The redwoods are magic, the people are great.

Kevin S likes this.
  20. Laura R

Laura R Newbie

Been a long time since I've been on the forum. So glad I found this tonight! Just signed up. Excited!!

Kevin S likes this.