2017 Subaru Outback Transmission Problem

Discussion in 'Towing & Tow Vehicles' started by Tour 931, May 15, 2023.

1. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

I’m sitting in the Wausau Subaru dealer waiting for the diagnostic report. My transmission has been slipping and making funny chirping noises. Wish me luck because it’s beyond the five year 50K mile warranty.

2. Carl U

Carl U Junior Ranger

Your close by to where I reside... Half way up County Road K between Wausau and Merrill. If your looking for a Scenic drive home drive K north into Merrill then 64 west to 107 north.. You will drive by Council Grounds St. Park and 107 follows the Wisconsin river into Tomahawk

Good luck with the repairs

3. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

I’m already home. I’ll take that way back tomorrow when I return from a dentist appointment.

Subaru extended the transmission warranty from 5years/50K miles to 10years/100K miles because it’s a known fault. The dealer is putting in a brand new transmission for free. I even have a free loaner car. It will take two days to get the transmission and a day to install it. Plus maybe a day or two to get to it. With a free loaner I’m not in a big hurry.

Sweeney, SethB, dustinp and 4 others like this.
  4. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Awesome.

5. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Subaru has always been really good with us and warranties....of course ours is a 2012 with 160,000 miles on it...doubt they'd be as helpful these days :)

I assume the new trans has a fix or update?

6. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

That is what they say. Apparently it’s from two years later.