Itinerary 2014 Nw Camp-inn Round Up

Discussion in 'Gatherings' started by JoeB-NW, Nov 11, 2013.

1. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

Whoo Hooo...
    Look at me.. I"m famous... my 15 min of fame??

2. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

The one of the spring is Bear, isn't it? Love that!

Frank, the Lad says you are his favorite. Mick says he was keeping an eye out in case Laddy went to push buttons when he shouldn't (Laddy loves buttons and Carmen has plenty). Thanks for putting up with him!

That Bailey...he will melt your heart! So cute!

3. michaelo

michaelo Novice

Love the pictures of the serial # plates Jenn!

Michael

4. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

Great times at the 4th NWRU. This may be our last one for a while and we'll miss camping with all of you wonderful folks.

Thanks again to Steve for coordinating the reservation once again (and for missing the SuperBowl three years ago) and to Frank for the Ape Caves trip. In spite of the rain we had a great time!

Now, since the western half of our state map is full, we're moving to the other half. :)

5. fpoole

Good luck and best travels for you all and apologies for Katie for not offering some words of wisdom since I won't be able to get her interested in Science stuff anymore.... but I'll have the Pepsi & Mentos in her honor... fun..

Best of luck and Happy Trails to you all...

6. Mick'nSarah

I'll help Lena get Colorado, and then you really will be set!

We will really miss you guys at the the NWRU in the future. Who is going to help the Lad out of a funk or keep him busy? He will continue his constant quest for Katie at every campground, especially when we get there again next year. Don't stay away too long!

Have a safe journey with the move and we wish you all the luck in the world as you start this new adventure.

7. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

Thanks, Sarah.

Here are a few pictures of the gathering:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry I didn't get a group shot this time...

8. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

Looking forward to having you join us on this half of the country! (And don't worry about not getting North Dakota, no one will notice...lol)

Safe travels!

:cool:

9. Mick'nSarah

I just realized this might be the first year we didn't get a picture of the Lad and Katie sharing a chair. They are both getting so big!

10. pbaker2225

pbaker2225 Junior Ranger Donating Member

I agree it was a great gathering. Thank you Steve for making the arrangements. That is a beautiful spot. Shirley, I stayed over an extra night and helped Jenn eat your steak. She cooked it to perfection and you prepared it perfectly as well. Thank you Jenn.
    This was my first real camping trip and I learned a lot from all of you. I can't believe how much storage I have with my couch down flat and my bed easy to get under.
    Thanks Joan for sharing my camp site on that last night. I enjoyed visiting with you. You have a great camp dog. Spending time with him makes me want a dog.
    Great to see the pictures everyone. Keep them coming.

11. JoeB-NW

JoeB-NW Novice

It was a great to finally meet all of you at the gathering. You truly made my wife and me feel as though we were part of the family. We left with good memories and some good ideas about outfitting our new 560. The gathering was a great respit after two weeks on the road.

I am glad that the table extensions worked out for everyone, it was our pleasure to deliver them.

We are looking forward to seeing everyone around the beautiful PNW in the coming years.

12. Mick'nSarah

Which one are you interested in? Apples/Pears or the savory avocado?

13. Mick'nSarah

Jenn, here is the basic recipe for the apple one:
    https://havekidwillteardrop.wordpress.com/2013/05/16/recipe-apple-gorgonzola-proscuitto-pizza/

I have changed things up a little. I tear the prosciutto smaller than in the pictures, and put that directly on the pizza dough (after Olive oil), I now put the cheese on top of the prosciutto (under the apples/pears which I alternate on the very top). We used 33 briquettes, getting the temp up around 450 degrees. Super easy and one of my favorites.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  14. fpoole

My $0,02 worth... PNW Camp Out at Mossyrock 2014

[​IMG]
    (Heheh, what's a Campfire without "Uncle Bob" eh??)

Here are my pics, highlights below or complete album at the Galleries

Great trip, I believe everyone had a great time, weather sort cooperated, Ape Caves were fun, but hard to get the camera settings. Stephen helped a lot, but finally got home and let Light Room work it’s magic, Recovery mode.

Got there on Thursday, couldn’t get into the weekend site, had to take a regular one and others were already there… 0’Dark thirty, 0700, the migration started over to the weekend campsite…

Fun, looking forward to doing it again… Cheers all,
    See ya on the road.

Gallery Pics here

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You’ll have to goto the gallery to see if they ever came back…. OuuuuWweeoooooo

[​IMG]

Fun…

15. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

Frank thanks for the pics looks like such a good time. Looks like such fun! Love the tears on the road!

16. Mick'nSarah

Frank, it looks like you caught some paranormal activity in the Ape Cave. It could be Sasquatch or we might need some ghost hunters to swing by and check it out!

17. jfocallag

jfocallag Junior Ranger Donating Member

Great pictures Frank.

18. slumry

slumry Novice

Great images Frank. You reminded me of everything I forgot to photograph. Did you get any photos of Lena’s and Nick’s coffee and tea paraphernalia? It was quite impressive. We scored some major tea from Nick. If you are into tea or green coffee beans, he is the guy. I would have loved to see the coffee roasting demo, perhaps next year.

19. fpoole

Thanks all... fun to take, dirty lens etc...

Stephen, no, missed the whole coffee thing, not sure how. Tried it, nice cup, but a lotta work for a cup... I am now trying a rougher grind at home and when camping, a quick press, not waiting like I used to do.. so I didn't miss everything...

Sarah:
    Yep, that's what I was thinking too....
    The "Ghost of Sassy" (Sasquatch)... OOoooWWeeee oooooooo....
    I don't know what that is as I also caught it last time. Didn't feel anything...maybe "Flash Condensation" due to the strobes?? dunno... weird though..

20. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Great pics Frank - looks like a great time and a fun group!