10th CICO

Discussion in 'Adventures & Excursions' started by jfocallag, Feb 13, 2013.

1. jfocallag

jfocallag Junior Ranger Donating Member

Spent last night at a small RV park in Ashby, MN. A bit windy this morning. Next stop, Castle Rock.

2. jfocallag

Made it! For other newbies, don't use GPS. Use directions in Allstays if you have it.

3. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

So glad you made it out there safely! You aren't missing anything weather-wise here (other than fall coming in like a lion!). Say hi to everyone for us! Have fun!

4. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

Use the directions posted on the Camp-Outt website under the "Maps" tab. They are spot on. GPS has never worked in that area.

Maps for Camp-Outt

:cool:

5. jfocallag

I should have looked there. Would have made more sense.

6. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

Joan,

Sorry, I'm not trying to make you feel bad, I just thought it might help others who are still on their way.

Hope you stay warm tonight...a bit chilly here & it will be more so at the lake.

7. jfocallag

Betsy, you didn't make me feel bad. It is frightening how dependent I am on my GPS. I also knew better since Cary told me that GPS didn't work 2 years ago when I picked up the trailer. It was just the end of a long day on a long trip. Glad to be here. Can't wait to meet everyone.

8. Mr Ed

Mr Ed Novice

Do you win an award for first arrival? ...as in first place?? seems like a chat with Betsy is in order...

What site are you at? 68 or 71?

Oh Oh I better go ... I can hear Betsey now...

When picking a site, please DO NOT choose site #68 or #71, as we need to have those sites available to us to set up the BIG Blue Tarp.

It will be great meeting everyone as well, sounds like Raz will have fun with 24 FF's as well..
    Glad you made it safely and enjoy our beautiful weather we are having...
    Not sure how it is to the south in WI but the leaves are slowly changing around the Hwy 29 corridor (middle northern WI)
    Hwy 2 across the country should be a scenic drive.

9. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

Joan wasn't the first at the park...that would be Jenn. :)

Joan is guardian of the the sacred sites for us. :)

Leaves just started turning along Hwy 21 this last week...should be some nice colors by this weekend.

10. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

Ok, so a few pics, nothing really exciting except the gathering... More to show the "Before & After" empty areas that are now filling up...
    Full gallery to date:
    https://plus.google.com/photos/108683042376142967861/albums/5908006323432622273

(sorry, don't have the fancy links here, so barebones..(

But here are some:

[​IMG]

and of course can't forget our "Knome"...

[​IMG]

Whoops, off to the Wine & Cheese thinging... film at 11 as they say...
    Hope that helps...

11. 1Door

1Door Novice

Danm it....I lost it...
    Gotta start over....
    It is too cold up there for beer....
    You need a hot toddy

2 spoonfuls of frozen lemonade
    1 1/2 cups hot water
    1/4 cup of Jack Daniels....my favorite
    1 spoonful of honey
    3 a night will keep you warm and happy!!!!!

WE KNOW YOUR HAVING A GREAT TIME!!!!

12. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

Frank thanks for the pictures helps when I can only be there in spirit.

13. fpoole

Too cold for Beer?? A-hem... NEVER too cold for beer.

[​IMG]

Ma Natures little ice chest... and it's all "green tech"... Au natural as they say... Raw, Unbridled power of Nature doing it's thang... cooling beer all over the world... kudos to you Ma Nature... hehe

We use the Ice chest to keep it from freezing... heheheh, but I must say, Hot Toddies are always a welcome sight... as are Irsh Coffees...

Just posted a few new ones... one pic happening at a time eh???

They are all wishing you a "wish you were here..." And, Ms Sarah, least we not forgot, Mudslides tomorrow fer Sur..heheh We haven't forgotten.... and not to worry. We'll have pics for that one...

[​IMG]

and after the tasting..

Who said the Wine stopped flowing... thanks all,

[​IMG]

7 new ones same place..

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  14. rushthecat

rushthecat Novice

Thanks for sharing the photos. Enjoyed seeing pics. Sure wish we were there.

Carol

15. fpoole

A few more. Last night awards and a lotta Happy Campers.
    Middle of rain storm, some "Rinsed" their cameras from the canopy "Flash Floods" (accumulated water then DUMPS)

Pumpkin carving with Bear:

[​IMG]

Cast Iron Bees Wax Rehab with George, (thanking him so much, my pans were bad and he worked on one, just threw up his hands on the other..heheh Big Sorry, George, but now I know what to do... kewl)
    [​IMG]

Dinner, ice cream, done..

[​IMG]

Link:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  16. jfocallag

On the way home. Second night stop, Army Corps of Engineers park north of Iowa City, IA:

[​IMG]

17. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

That looks so amazing, especially considering what we have beared witness to these last 3 days! Drive safe!

18. Very Beautiful, Joan!

19. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

Joan - that is so pretty. Sorry it didn't work out for us to camp with you. The KOA at Mitchell, SD is actually very nicely shaded and has a camper's sink! Met a newly "full-timer" couple at a rest stop in MN, and they turned out to be camping just across from us. We'll check out the corn palace tomorrow. Safe travel. Kathy

20. StacieTamaki

StacieTamaki Newbie

Love the photos! The fruit salad I helped make made the cut :)

I did blog attending the rally but wish I'd taken more pictures while I was there:

http://theflirtyguide.blogspot.com/2013/11/the-camp-inn-camp-outt-tiny-trailer.html

I guess I was really on vacation because I'd normally take five times the number of pictures I took that weekend. There are more images in the blog post and two past encounters I've had running into Camp-Inns in the wild... But here are a few of my favorites from the CICO:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

P.S. I hope I'm replying the correct way. New to the forum so apologies if I should have done it a different way.