NY State Park Lake Erie State Park

Discussion in 'Northeast' started by Jim Carter, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Jim Carter

Jim Carter Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

We took our last trip of the season just into New York to Lake Erie State Park near Brocton, NY. It is right on the lake so there were plenty of scenic views.

The campsites were roomy but make sure you have plenty of extension cords since the electric service is shared between 2 sites. I used on 50' cord to reach the outlet.

The restroom and shower house was fine. There is a separate entrance from outside for each toilet/sink facility and shower room. Plenty of hot water.

There are sites right along the bluff above the lake and others like we had that are away from the bluff. I would stay away from the ones right on the bluff as the wind can get quite blustery.

Aside from playing in the water, there are many things to do and see in the area. Wineries, vineyards, and Brew Pubs are numerous. Presque Isle State Park (which does not offer camping) is a little over an hour away in Pennsylvania. The small towns have many antique shops. And there are a fair number of restaurants in the area although with it being off season and Covid 19 still in play, not all were open. You can also visit several Lighthouses.

All-in-all, I recommend this State Park.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

LisaNKevin likes this.