Couple Questions From New Owner

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kyle Hollasch, Jun 29, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Kyle Hollasch

Kyle Hollasch Newbie

Still tinkering and hoping to be ready for a first trip in two weeks. Several quick questions:
    1. Is there an aftermarket compact spare that fits into the under bed storage? Camp-Inn is out of stock. I do have a full size spare that I can use for now, but would prefer the compact for trips closer to home.
    2. Does the shore power cover have an o-ring? Mine won't stay closed and I can't tell if its supposed to have an o-ring or not. If not, I suppose one wrap of electrical tape around the portion of the cap that inserts will keep in closed.
    Thanks,

Kyle

2. Lipster

Lipster Junior Ranger

Call Cary at Camp-In.

3. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

I'm not sure if it applies to yours, there may be difference between years, but there is no o-ring on my shore connector. I actaully have the other problem on mine --- mine's almost too tight :) Not CI's fault -- mine will probably losen with time....

I think they are using Marinco connector there.

I also could be wrong -- I thought my spare was full size as well - Fortunatley havn't needed it. Are you just looking for more storage space?

4. Lipster

Lipster Junior Ranger

Spare is a full size, but a 12" rim.
    Tires/rims on each side are are 14" rims.
    Overall diameter of those is quite a bit bigger in diameter.
    Spare that came with teardrop is NOT a space saver, but a 5.30 x 12", load range C. A boat trailer tire and rim that size shouldn't be too hard to find. Did you get a manual with the unit?
    RTFM.

Kevin likes this.
  5. Lipster

Lipster Junior Ranger