#787 Goes To Spooner!

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by PluckTheDay, Jun 26, 2021.

1. PluckTheDay

PluckTheDay Newbie

Hello All - Don, Sharri and Moxie (9 mo old Chessie) became the new owners of #787 back on 6/16 upon an excellent hand-off transition from Squirrl in Vermont.

The three of us travelled 1,400 mi from Spooner WI to Vermont to purchases #787 (built Dec 2015) where we were hosted to a night stay, dinner, a half day review and intro to #787, and just all-round wonderful hospitality by our new friends. Squirrl owners prepped, cleaned and readied #787 as though they were doing their first voyage, and we cannot thank them enough for the care they took while owning/using #787 and the effort they spent to ready it for us. Just another testament to the quality of this community.

We then spent 9 nights in 9 different sites and over 1,800 miles returning to Spooner. What a great trip to start with!

Thanks also to Cary and everyone who contributes and maintains this forum. The information we gleaned helped us not only with making our purchase decision but also with our first voyage with this fantastic rig.

We have renamed #787 "LetsGo" to reflect our intentions to hit the road to see new places and as a tribute to one of our most used commands for our new Chessie!

Enjoy your campers and each of your days!

Ken & Peggy, Randy, Gypsy and 4 others like this.
  2. klint74

klint74 Novice Donating Member

Congrats on the teardrop. Our 1st teardrop #715 was nicknamed Spooner, and in fact we had a license plate with the name Spooner on it. We got tired of people asking if we were from Spooner, and had to explain we named it after the silver color and a activity that we enjoyed. Our new raindrop #1009 has been nick named Critter. Enjoy your trailer, hope to see you at Campout in September.

3. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Definatly a debt of gratitude to the moderators...I suspect this isn't the hotbed of anguish that Facebook groups tend to be -- we're a much smaller community.

I come here everyday (Sometimes multiple times!) as I am looking for my camping fix....Especially as I wait for delivery of my second camp-inn. 518 (I think) was my venerable one, no idea what the new number is yet :)

"Serenity" will be her name. I'm not feeling particularly creative, serenity was my older campers name as well --- being a "brown coat" just can't think of a better name...

I aim to misbehave...

Maxwell likes this.
  4. PluckTheDay

PluckTheDay Newbie

The names we come up with are great entertainment. Don't want to admit how much time we put into it...

Sounds like it was a surprise to you to know there was a Spooner WI. And Serenity is a great name for those of us that seek the earthy independence of the endless Camp-Inn trailer destinations. On our trip back from VT we were in sites with and w/0 utilities ranging from state park campgrounds to National Forest deep woods locations with tight entry challenges. Very impressed with the versatility & functionality of our CI 560!

5. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

I'm just not sure if I'm Mal, Wash, or Jane....I rebel against authority, I'm a pilot, and I am mighty handy with certain types of hardware :)

But this isn't my thread....But yes, naming of your camper is an absolute must...

6. Maxwell

Maxwell Newbie

Not to hijack the thread but great Firefly references. One of my favorite shows of all time.

To Don and Sherri, Congrats on your new purchase! I too just purchased one. Love them name. Enjoy, cheers!

Sweeney likes this.
  7. M&L

M&L Ranger

Continuing with Maxwell's hijacking, "Firefly" is one of the best sci-fi shows this millennium. "The Expanse" is right up there as well.

if you haven't seen "Firefly" yet, watch all 14 episodes BEFORE the movie (titled "Serenity"). If you like good sci-fi, you won't be disappointed.

Maxwell and Sweeney like this.
  8. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

The question I have, is where is the firs trip :) ? Your pickup trip certainly was a good shakedown exercise, are mostly using it local or doing long distance weeks long excursions?

It sounds like your pickup trip was pretty spectacular…

are you planning anything or just being a leaf on the wind?