SOLD 2014 Camp-inn 550 Ultra In New Hampshire

Discussion in 'For Sale / Wanted' started by Sara Sundquist, Jun 7, 2022.

1. Sweet Camp-Inn 550 Ultra made in 2014. Asking $16,500. One wonderful trip from NH to Wyoming and back before my husband passed away. We slept in ultra-comfort on the queen-sized mattress; a tall man, my husband had plenty room for his feet. Loved the inside lights. We sat in our pillows many nights reading.

The kitchen unit is so handy, plenty of space for dishes, pots and pans, and the silverware drawer is very nice. The 2-burner stove unit slides conveniently under the cupboard, and the big cooler sits securely. There are two tables, secure and easy to attach; one holds the cooler when at the campground, the other table folds out and seats two people nicely (two people and one goose at one campground), is also an extra work space. The kitchen overhead light can be turned to red at night which does not attract bugs. All the woodwork is expertly crafted in this trailer, as most of you know. The kitchen is super clean and only gently used.

The cabin is tight, no place for mice to get in, and no amount of splashing through puddles throws any water inside that cabin. It's still in pristine condition, including the mattress. The overhead cabin fan kept us comfortably cool. We loved the zippered door screens, so the doors could be open, and no mosquitoes could get in. The screens work very nicely. Plenty of storage space in the cupboards in the cabin, as well as a storage unit under the mattress.

The tires are brand new, with one to spare.

According to the original invoice, these are the add-ons:
    - SUV Off-Road Tire Package
    - Solar Controller/Connection
    - Back-Up Lights
    - Rear Bumper, Stainless Steel
    - Door Screens
    - 54-qt. Stainless Steel Cooler
    - Cooler Cozy

I am selling the trailer as-is. My husband took care of the workings of the trailer, so I have no idea what other information to offer, except the trailer is super fun and pulls easily. Feel free to ask questions or see more photos. Thanks for looking.
    atharvaveda46@gmail.com

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 12, 2022
    Kevin likes this.
  2. dougbee

dougbee Novice

Do you know if it has brakes? I guess that would have been listed as an add-on. Thought I'd ask anyway.

3. Thanks so much.

4. That’s a good question. Sorry, don’t know the answer. You’re right, seems like it would be listed. Thanks for inquiring.

5. Lipster

Lipster Junior Ranger

A call to Camp-Inn with the 3 digit number of the unit (Galley, upper left corner) would provide the answer about the brakes.

Kevin likes this.
  6. Great! Thank you!

7. Cary Winch

Cary Winch Camp-Inn Staff

I checked for Sarah (serial number 671) and the camper does not have brakes.

Cary

Kevin and Long Truong like this.
  8. Cary Winch

We currently charge $507 to retrofit brakes on a camper. The cost to add the Autowbrake is the cost shown on the website for the option. Brakes can be installed at really any trailer shop so is not a difficult thing to add to a used camper that is not optioned this way.

California. Yes, a Camp-Inn licensed in CA will require to have brakes because of the unusually low trailer brake weight requirement. For customers looking to buy a used Camp-Inn and they live in CA this really has to be factored in to the decision.

Cary

JohnC, Kevin and Long Truong like this.
  9. Cary, thank you for checking that for me. Interesting that California would require brakes.
    Appreciate your time!

10. I forgot to note there is a tool box attached, with key.

11. campdude

campdude Ranger

Cary, just curious, does this look like it has been painted on the top and galley?

12. Cary Winch

I think you are seeing the same thing I am seeing. The whole camper has a sort of "wet" look about it in the one picture for sure. The aluminum, the fenders, the wheels and tires. All of it does actually. I don't think it is paint but I do have to ask has it been sprayed with some coating? Or is it really just very wet in the picture?

By the looks of the rust on the wheels I suspect this camper has been stored outdoors. This needs to be factored in to the value. Though it sure looks in nice shape.

Cary

Kevin likes this.
  13. Cary is right, the trailer was wet when I took the photos. It's pine pollen season and I didn't want to wait for the trailer to dry, thought it would be piled up with pollen.. oops.

14. Cary, the trailer was wet when I took the photos. Nothing has been sprayed on it. It has been stored outdoors the past two years. There is some kind of oil sprayed on the wheels, my husband did that to protect them, I think. I didn't notice til I had already taken the pictures. I'll get that washed off and insert some better pictures of the wheels. It's possible there's some rust, not sure.

15. Cary Winch

Probably no big worry on the rust on the wheels. That will clean up with some 000 steel wool and a little dish soap.

Cary

campdude and Kevin like this.
  16. Thank you.

Kevin likes this.
  18. I am interested but can't seem to grasp this new tech way of communicating so have to be content just looking.

19. James, I barely know how this works, either, frankly. There is some way of finding my email address on here. I’ll try to find out. The software won’t let me post my email in the description.

20. Cary, if you’re here…. Can you tell me how an interested party can contact me?
    Thanks for all your help!
    Sara