Yeti versus Engel 35 Coolers?

Discussion in 'Other Gear & Equipment' started by Kelly, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Kelly

Kelly Novice

I have been on the lookout for a Yeti 35 cooler and recently found someone locally that sells it. The representative also selles Engel coolers and indicated that the Engel is a higher rated and much better cooler than the Yeti. The Engel is also $60.00 lower in price than the Yeti.

I am doubtful of the representative's claim that the less expensive Engel is a better cooler than the Yeti (maybe he has too many Engels that he can't sell).

I have seen lots of high praise for the Yeti on this forum, but nothing about the Engel cooler. If anyone on the forum can offer some input on the Engel cooler, I would like to receive your opinions on this. In the meantime, I'll check the online reviews too.

EDITED COMMENT: a website search for the Engel shows that the exterior dimensions for their 35 quart model might be too large for placement in the galley: 25.4Lx14.8Wx15.1H. I am pretty sure someone posted the dimensions of the galley for storing the cooler somewhere on the forum (my trailer is under cover and not easy to get at). I'll take a look for it. Anyhow, it seems that the Engel might not be a bad cooler, but probably won't fit in our trailers. Sorry all (I tried to delete the post but wasn't able to).