Fridge / Cooler Yeti Coolers!

Discussion in 'Camp-Inn Options & Accessories' started by Cary Winch, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Cary Winch

Cary Winch Camp-Inn Staff

Hey all,

Big announcement today. As of today we are officially a Yeti cooler dealer. At this time we are carrying and have in stock the Tundra 35 and Tundra 50 qt coolers. The 35qt is the one that fits in the galley of our trailers and the 50qt is specifically designed by Yeti to fit optimally in the back of the typical SUV. Hence, our decision to carry these two sizes. We have them in white, blue and tan.

We also will have available the new Yeti ice blocks when they become available in March. These come in 2qt and 4qt sizes.

You will be able to order these with your trailer order or purchase from us when visiting our showroom. If interested in one please contact us.

Also, if there are other size Yeti coolers or items from Yeti you are interested in let us know. We can order any of these items for you during any of our restocking orders.

Cary

DanielleJao likes this.
  2. mcjimjam

mcjimjam Junior Ranger Donating Member

BRILLIANT!!!!

3. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

Waaay Kewl....

(Pun intended)... nice...

4. Jay & Valerie

Jay & Valerie Ranger Donating Member

Awesome, congrats. I have been thinking about buying a Yeti cooler. I have the dometic which is great for stuff we don't want to get wet/soggy. But we still bring a cooler with us for drinks, and frozen meats, etc. when we are out on longer trips.

Just trying to figure out what size we actually need.

5. Biggie

Biggie Novice

Love our Yeti!! We'll have to check out the new ice blocks!!

6. Old_Prospector

Old_Prospector Junior Ranger

Cary, this is great news. :cool: I've come full circle and want a Coleman that fits in the kitchen galley, and a Yeti for longer term storage.

Too bad Yeti doesn't make a model the same exterior dimensions as the Coleman. If they did it would have the same capacity as their current model 45. Heck maybe they could just shorten the Yeti 45 by 1-1/2 inches and call it the Yeti 42. :)

7. fpoole

OP, the FYI in case you missed it, the Yeti 35 fits right in there, I use that there and a 75? for food etc, but smaller interior of course... thus "..the better to cool it with..."

Heheh(The Wolf in Little Red Riding-hood?)

fits right in there:

[​IMG]

75 up against the tree:

[​IMG]

they work..

fun...

8. Old_Prospector

Old_Prospector Junior Ranger

Thanks fpoole

I remember you saying a few months back that the 35 fit. Where I was going with the conversation was the Yeti 35 (21" L x 15.5" H x 16" D) means the full potential of the galley space is not used.

The Coleman 54 Quart is (24-1/4" L x 16-3/4" H x 16-3/4" D).

The Yeti 45 fits height and depth, but not length (25-1/4" L x 15.5" H x 16" D). Hence, making the Yeti 45 shorter by 1-1/4" is a fit that optimizes the space and doesn't require a hockey stick. I was trying help Yeti redesign specifically for the Camp Inn Galley. :/ It's the nerdy engineer in me. :crazy:

All's good. When I pick my CI up in July, I'll order the Coleman, with Cozy, for the galley and probably a Yeti 35 for the TV. Then, the coolers can be interchanged as I learn from experience what works best.

9. AlCat

AlCat Junior Ranger Donating Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  10. Brett

Brett Newbie

I just drove our new camp inn 1100 miles from the shop to our house and I used a Yeti 35 in the cooler niche. Valuable lesson learned. There are two small, chrome fixtures on each side of the cooler that attach the rope handle. I wrapped the cooler in a towel from front to back. I did not wrap the sides. When I got home, there were xhuge dents on the sides of the stainless backsplash from where those fixtures banged against the sides of the backsplash during transport. So if you get a Yeti...which I recommend because it's awesome...make sure you wrap the sides with a towel too or figure some way to cushion it. Otherwise you'll unlease a string of foul words (that shock your wife) when you remove the cooler.

11. fpoole

... or don't use the towel.
    those little Rubber fit hold it fairly well. I also would store some towels and miscellaneous stuff on the sides, not for the sliding but simply to put stuff in there. I had no idea on the little chrome screw heads I assume you are referring to?

I had to swap out the rubber ones for the plastic ones the 75 to slide it in the truck bed.

I would have thought the Coleman would have been worse with the handles..

Interesting... .

[​IMG]

12. Brett

Brett Newbie

Yes, it's those little screw heads, they put surprisingly large dents! Oh well, nothing I can do about it now.

13. Cary Winch

We provide little rubber bumpers with each trailer so the customer can stick them to their coolers wherever there are protrusions that would cause dents to the stainless backsplash. Sounds like a good application for the bumpers. Stick a couple on each side of the Yetis.

Cary

14. rgupnorth

rgupnorth Junior Ranger Donating Member

I have added little rubber bumpers to most anything with a hard surface or edge that can move around in the galley. A smooth ride in the TV doesn't mean that the TD isn't bouncing around a little.

15. Jean W

Jean W Junior Ranger Donating Member

Well, at least the first scratch and dents are done. Time to enjoy the teardrop!

16. Brett

Brett Newbie

Yeah, not the end of the world. Maybe that side will get covered in stickers from our travels. The bumpers won't work though because the screw heads are rounded so they won't stick. I looked at it more closely and it only dented the side opposite of the arm that holds up the hatch. The arm blocks it from hitting that side. So even a towel or smaller paper towel roll shoved on the passenger side of the cooler would keep it from hitting. It's an easy fix.

17. Cary Winch

Brett,

The trick with the bumpers is to stick them on the cooler next to the object that protrudes and could cause a dent, not on the object. For example, on the Coleman 54qts the hinges on the back are fairly sharp and would cause two very deep dents if the bumpers are not installed. So, on those we place the bumpers on the cooler directly below the hinges. Just try sticking the bumpers on the cooler next to the screw heads.

Cary

18. mcjimjam

mcjimjam Junior Ranger Donating Member

Sounds like another good reason to purchase a cooler cozy. We love ours!!

19. Cary Winch

It is a good reason to use the cozy, really protects the whole backsplash area nicely. However, even with a cozy we do still stick the rubber bumpers on the cooler. We don't want the hinges cutting into the cozy and damaging it either.

Cary

20. lorieandkeith

lorieandkeith Novice

Does the cooler Cozy work with the Yeti?