Wonderful World Of Collapsibles

Discussion in 'Other Gear & Equipment' started by jfocallag, Oct 3, 2012.

1. jfocallag

jfocallag Junior Ranger Donating Member

I have been boiling water in my small camping pot in order to make coffee. I thought of getting a jetboil like Jenn's but decided I wanted a tea kettle instead. I wasn't really happy with the camping tea kettles because they take up too much room. Then I stumbled on these and thought I would share:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is the link on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Cuissential-...1349326248&sr=8-3-spell&keywords=cuisessntial

While I was at it I decided to replace the hospital basin I was using to wash dishes with the collapsible wash pan I also found on Amazon:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All of these fit nicely in the storage bins. I know others have other collapsible kitchenware. I will have to think about getting some of those items as well.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  2. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

Progressive makes the collapsible dishpan you have. They make a lot of collapsible items. Here is their website. They have a link on where to buy their items.

Progressive

I have quite a few of their products, including 2 of the dishpans. Although their things can be a bit pricey, they are well made, last a long time & are exactly what I need/want.

The local Shopko sells them & I wait until they have a 50% off sale, which makes it a great deal.

Tina & I have a friendly competition about what we can come up with next on kitchen items...it's been fun!

:cool:

3. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

Joan now I have to rethink my electric tea kettle and french press. The kettle does take up a lot of space and using a filter for coffee could be easier for clean up than the french press. Neat product thanks

4. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

Jenn I just looked on amazon and they have another like the one Joan posted but the handle tucks in neatly. they are in several different colors and the orange is only $21.

5. Love the teapot! Here is some more info on it....

-A stylish, modern take on the Classic Stovetop Tea Kettle
    Collapses to under 2.5 inches
    -Perfect for campers, hikers, RV owners, and anyone who wants to limit Kitchen Clutter
    -Made with a sturdy Silicone Body and Stainless Steel Base
    -Boils up to 4 cups of water with style

Bit pricey at $39 but free shipping from Amazon
    Would be something to put on a christmas list....hint, hint...
    thanks for sharing Joan!

6. Deb

Deb Novice

Joan,

Thanks for the tip about the tea kettle. I also liked the orange one with the handle that tucks. I have the collapsable gray dish pan. Stores great! Several years ago I got some collapsable bowls, collander, etc. from QVC. They also store very nicely. Every once in a while I check back to QVC's online store for more similar items. Looks like I'll have to investigate Betsey's suggestion of Progressive.

7. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

My new kitchen tool: love this baster (zyliss) it is so easy to clean.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. AnnaSteve

AnnaSteve Novice

Pat where did you find that baster. :)

9. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

Target sells Zyliss stuff.

Zyliss also has a website with a store locator.

Zyliss

:cool:

10. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

I found the baster on amazon.

11. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

My orange pot: $21 came today.
    [​IMG]

I tried it at home. It pops up and down nicely. The handle is more secure than I thought it would be and it stayed cool. The water heated quickly and I left it sitting on the gas stove with the burner off and came back an hour or so latter and the water was still quite warm. Holds 4 cups.

12. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

Jenn I had the pics on my iPad and used an app called Photogene. It is a neat app. You select your pics and then collage and it does all the work.
    It also has a method for putting labels on your pics and probably more functions but I am just learning how to use it.

13. jfocallag

Pat,

Thanks for the pictures. I was wondering about the handle on the orange pot. My color scheme for my kitchen is red so even if I had seen the orange pot, I still would have gotten the red one for purely ascetic reasons.

14. jfocallag

Added to my collapsible collection:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hmm, puttanesca?

15. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

very pretty, good incentive to try something new!

16. Jan

Jan Newbie

17. Jan

Jan Newbie

Did you have any issues with the Camp-Inn stove having too large or too hot of a flame for the tea kettle?

18. skissinger

skissinger Ranger Donating Member

I have that same kettle. If one were to put the burner at max, yes it wouldn’t be good. I just check the flame, that it just hits the metal, and nowhere near the silicone/red part.

19. jfocallag

As skissinger mentions, keeping the flame on the burner so that it doesn’t go above the metal, the teapot works great and is easy to store. I had the kettle for over 10 years.