Window Cleaning Products?

Discussion in 'Care & Maintenance' started by Ben, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Ben

Ben Ranger Donating Member

Having had our 550 for a bit over a year, it's time to do some deeper cleaning. I recall Cary mentioning some products work well for the windows but now don't remember what he recommended. What have folks found to work well? Thanks!

2. mariusz

mariusz Junior Ranger

No windex , or any other that contains ammonia or blich, car window products should be fine but read the label

Ben likes this.
  3. TearDragger

TearDragger Junior Ranger Donating Member

The plexiglass windows clean very well with a plexiglass cleaner like (PLEXUS® AIRCRAFT PLASTIC CLEANER from Aircraft Spruce), but can be expensive. Normal, every day Pledge, used for furniture is basically the same thing with lemon scent. Both of these products are used on general aviation aircraft with plexiglass windows on a regular basis everyday.

The glass side windows in the doors can be cleaned with standard windex.

4. rotus8

rotus8 Ranger Donating Member

For the plexiglass windows I use also use Plexus Plastic Cleaner Protectant & Polish, it can be purchased from Amazon
    https://www.amazon.com/Plexus-Plast...ords=plexus+plastic+cleaner+protectant+polish
    I think it is a bit cheaper on Amazon (If you have Prime) than Aircraft Spruce because of the shipping. I also use Novus Scratch Remover to polish out fine scratches on the plastic.
    https://www.amazon.com/NOVUS-Plasti...keywords=novus+2+plastic+fine+scratch+remover

Using any cleaner or polish on plexiglass it is important to use a microfiber or very soft cloth. Plexiglass is very easily scratched. Paper towels are not soft enough. Using the gas station window washing squeegee and paper towels, plus grit laden washing yuck-water is sure to scratch the windows.
    upload_2018-12-14_15-16-40.jpeg

TearDragger and Randy like this.
  5. Mathew169

Mathew169 Newbie

Since last 10 months, I'm using Invisible Glass Cleaner and it works pretty well for me because it's an easy-to-use with EZ grip spray emits a fine mist, so it stays where you spray it until you wipe it away, resulting in a less messy experience.