Wheel Lock Key Assembly Protection

Discussion in 'Other Gear & Equipment' started by Jenn, Jun 23, 2024 at 6:26 PM.

1. Jenn

Jenn Ranger

This item has been on my search list for years. I saw Cosmo use something like this in a video of his. It was a silicone shot cup from an out door company that no longer has them as gear. I went into the grocery store, oddly to look for Vienna Hotdogs, I walked down an aisle that had cooking equipment and saw something and did a back step with a kind of 'WHAT?!' in my head.

Forgot the dogs but got the silicone wine bottle caps and the Kicking Horse coffee beans and headed back to camp!

Bingo!

It's Tevolo silicone wine caps. I see them on Amazon but I can't copy the link for this posting.

It's a snug perfect fit for the trimax wheel locks key slot. The lock faces UP which is good but then it also collects debris and dust and moisture.

Yeah!! Happy dance!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 23, 2024 at 6:43 PM
    dustinp, Chuckwagon, SethB and 2 others like this.
  2. Kevin

Kevin Ranger

Perfect!!!

Jenn likes this.
  3. dougbee

dougbee Novice

I bought a new one of these a few months back and they now come with a cover for the lock. Probably saw Cosmos video. :)

Jenn, Kevin and Van_and_Terri like this.
  4. Kevin

Kevin Ranger

Me too, but careful the little attached loop on the chock arms that holds lock cap is easy to lose...;(

Jenn likes this.
  5. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

CLEVER!!! I like it.

Jenn likes this.
  6. Jenn

Jenn Ranger

I was talking to a friend about this and he thought I once had the protective cap but I don't remember it. My trimax are 14 yrs old and the caps are long gone. Sometimes I've used masking tape but that wears out fast. Now I have to store these in a way that they don't roll off into a dark corner.

Kevin likes this.
  7. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

I can theoretrically make a 3d printed storage peg for them...just need some dimentions and pictures and a rough sketch....

Jenn likes this.
  8. Jenn

Jenn Ranger

Interesting! I understand the concept you suggest.