What Are Your Favorite Camping Grounds For Rving Trips?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mathew169, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Mathew169

Mathew169 Newbie

Please share your favorite camping grounds for RVing trips.

2. Brian & Lucy

Brian & Lucy Novice

RVing? or Camp Inn trailer? Very different answers.

3. SethB

SethB Ranger

Matthew Okamoto likes this.
  4. But I am still in confusion as I never saw this.:rolleyes:

5. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

simple. Your state and local parks. They are less expensive, and have more space than sardine cities.

6. Van_and_Terri

Van_and_Terri Ranger

We lived 50 miles from Asheville for 22 yrs before moving to FL. Two weeks ago, we stayed at Mama Gerties featured in the article for a week. The nightly rate was $89 when I reserved it. Was advised when we arrived that it had risen to $110 per night. The views were spectacular, and the nearby town of Black Mountain is a must visit. But we find it hard to justify the rate of $110 per night and some sites are more costly. We prefer State, Federal, and County Parks.

Kevin likes this.
  7. SethB

SethB Ranger

The linked site appears to aggregate reviews from multiple sources with the aim of earning income as an Amazon affiliate. Every post from this contributor links to the site. Their posts are essentially ads.

Kevin likes this.
  8. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

True. And this person has been banned. Posts remain since real members responses would be erased otherwise.

SethB likes this.
  9. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Just figured out how to eliminate just the offending posts, so it's done :)

M&L and SethB like this.
  10. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Ever since I read the book “one second after” I wanted to visit Black Mountain….MAYBE a next summer…

that whole area is amazing….natural beauty abounds!

few miles away, bedkley wv has an abandoned coal mine exhibit. Very much worthy of a night stop…I’d like to go back …my tshirt is more than a little worn out….

Kevin likes this.
  11. M&L

M&L Ranger

Great book!

Kevin and Sweeney like this.
  12. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

little hard to read these days. Although at least in the book the good guys didn’t have to find media indoctrination :). You’ll lake Rowles if you haven’t read him….Patriots.

Look up turkey talks if you feel depressed….

13. M&L

M&L Ranger

Ya, "Patriots" is great, too. As is "Lights Out" by David Crawford. I find the dystopian flavor refreshing, similar to the science fiction I grew up on!

Kevin likes this.